"Baby?"

"She's seven years younger."

"I thought your sister was our age."

"She is exactly my age, but I have two sisters."

Tide pool wouldn't remember. At twenty-one with a year left in Florida, he didn't need deep. The sex was good, and he never had to show up at a party alone. It wasn't what Ben had with Keira, but no one said things like 'when you're married'. Nick planned to finish grad school before getting married unlike his dad. He smiled because he would probably be a best man before he finished school.

When Renee called him into her apartment, his palms were sweaty. Things ran through his head like when his father looked disappointed. Usually he could guess, but he didn't think he did anything wrong. One of the best words to describe himself was conscientious.

When he saw a man with short sleeves and tie sitting at a small table, he relaxed, but immediately felt his heart race. Nick didn't want to be involved.

"Detective LaBonte has some questions for you."

He nodded with his mouth too dry to speak.

"You found the victim?" Again he nodded. "Where?"

He coughed. "Um, I was sitting in the lobby and she walked by me looking upset. I, ah, stopped her. She didn't tell me anything, but I saw blood on her leg. I texted Renee, and she took over."

The detective frowned. "What made you think you needed to report the situation?"

His mind raced through the events. Had he done something wrong? "Um, we had training to look for signs of distress. She was distressed, half dressed and her leg. I have a twin sister. I know girls and they fix themselves before walking outside." They certainly don't walk around with bloody cum on their thighs.

Renee cleared her throat. "We did extensive training with our RAs. I'm grateful to Nick for stopping her."

The man nodded. "Did you see which way she came from?"

He paused for a moment. "The stairwell."

The detective stood. "Thanks for your time, both of you."

"Wait!" Nick lunged out of his seat. The man turned back. "Am I a witness? I don't want to be."

He paused. "Did you see her come into the building with someone?"

"No. I wasn't in the lobby all night." He left when Trinity stopped by.

"Did you see her with anyone?" Nick shook his head. "We have physical evidence." He pointed his finger. "Don't tell anyone anything."

Nick shook his head. "I didn't tell my mother." He talked to Ben. When the detective left, Nick sunk into the sofa. "I need a drink."

Renee shook her head. "You're on duty tonight." She held up a bowl. "Chocolate?"

He took a piece and popped it in his mouth after unwrapping it.

Renee frowned. "I know it's hard, but I saw what you saw. We know the truth."

"Why are people on his side?"

She tilted her head. "I don't know."

"My girlfriend jumped to his defense right away. I didn't tell her. Why was she on campus? She's a kid."

"She came to visit her friend's older sister. No surprise they went to a frat party."

"I have a friend who was forced to touch and do things with her father's girlfriend's son. She was in her own home, well one of them. She hid it, but she had changed. The bubbliest girl stopped bubbling."