Jaune: "We need to move before the weather turns, or it's gonna take us a lot longer to get to safety."

The group is silent and Jaune takes a deep breath, exhaling.

Jaune: "There'll be plenty of time to lick your wounds later. Come on."

Jaune, Juniper, Team RWBY and Team AVR are seen walking in a large field of grass.

Rosa: "So... Where are we going again?"

Jaune: "My village. Heh. I still can't believe you made it all the way from the Crimson Keep on your own."

Blake: "Not on our own. We had help. The... Oh." She notices the Curious Cat isn't with them now. "I hope the Cat is okay."

This makes Jaune stop as the sound of thunder is heard nearby.

Jaune: (grimacing)"What Cat?"

Little jumps and points behind the group.

Little: "That Cat!"

The Curious Cat is running towards the group through the grass, their bottom half picking up the rear before reuniting with the top half, causing them to tumble.

Curious Cat: "Oh! Woo! I found you." He catches his breath for a moment. "Why is it you always find the thing you're looking for in the very last place you look, hah!" The Cat notices Jaune with the others. "Jaune! Oho-my! It has been a very long amount of time hasn't it? How've you been?"

Weiss: "Wait. You two know each other?"

Ruby: "Well, they'd have to. From the story."

Azure: "Yeah, the Cat and the Rusted Knight traveled alongside Alyx."

Jaune angrily unsheathes his broken rusted Crocea Mors sword. Rosa and Vert stop him.

Rosa: "Whoa, Jaune!"

Vert: "I think there's been a misunderstanding. The Cat can get us all out of here."

The thunder returns, louder.

Jaune: "We don't have time for this! We've got to get to my village! Don't worry, we don't need a guide."

Curious Cat: "But your friends wanted to go to the tree."

Jaune: "That's where you're letting them take you?" He said, looking at Blake.

Blake: "Well, yeah. That's... that's how... Alyx got out. Right?"

Jaune: "You didn't tell them anything." He said to the Cat.

Curious Cat: "No, that's simply not true. I told them plenty of things. A few any things and lots of somethings."

Weiss: "Can somebody please make sense?!"

Jaune: "That tree is death."

Azure, Ruby and Weiss turn to Jaune.

Azure: "It's death...?!"

Jaune: "It absorbs you, takes your memories, and turns you into something else. If you go there, it's going to erase you! They call it "Ascension" here. That's really what it is."

Ruby: "Wait. The tree is what causes the Ascension?"

Blake: "That's what got the Herbalist."

Vert: "He was swallowed up by the roots of the tree."

Rosa: "It was freaky!"

Yang glares at the Cat.

Yang: "Pretty curious that you neglected to mention that..."