Chapter 14: Guests From Afar

Comenzar desde el principio

"Y-Y-YOU CAN'T!!!" Mai suddenly yelled as she flapped her wings in a flustered state and floated between you and the Rodan. "I-I'm already the one who will stand by my Lord's side for the rest of eternity! That position is already full!" Mai said as you wanted to speak up.

"U-Um, I don't think she means--!" Your words were suddenly cut off when the Rodan crossed one of her wings across her chest and interrupted you.

"Don't worry, Lady Mai..." The Rodan trailed off as Mai looked at her in confusion. "I'm sure that for someone like Lord Y/N, it's normal for him to have two loyal proxies by his side!" She proclaimed as made Mai's head explode hot steam.

"T-Two loyal...proxies?!" Mai repeated as her mind filled with steamy images of you being sandwiched between herself and the Rodan in a lustful way. "N-N-NO! I'M NOT SHARING MY LORD!!!" Mai yelled as before two bonks could be heard and it was revealed you gave both of them a brief strike on their heads with your tail.

"Jeez, could you be any more vague about the comments you two are saying?" You scolded them as they both sat on the floor, Mai looking sad as the Rodan seemed confused and a little embarrassed.

"Why did I get hit, too...?" The Rodan muttered in confusion.

"Mai, I think you're misunderstanding what she's trying to say." You said to the confused moth as she looked at you in wonder as you looked to the Rodan. "You want to be in the same position as Mai, working as my loyal underling, correct?" You asked as the Rodan instantly nodded her head.

"Yes. I promise to fulfill whatever your wishes are and perform my duties with all of strength and efforts!" The Rodan said as Mai was surprised to see how devoted she was towards you.

"Then, as long as you value the lives of your fellow monsters here, and vow to protect everyone like they're your own family, you can stay. Mai can teach you about how things are run in the city and find a suitable place for you among the ranks." You said to her as the Rodan's eyes filled with gratefulness and happiness.

"I am forever in your debt, my Lord!" The Rodan bowed her head once more as you deeply pondered something about her, and on the side, a few goblin kids ran up to you and Milim.

"Milim! They're selling a new flavor ice cream over around the corner! Let's go try some!" One of the children asked as Milim's eyes lit up like stars.

"A new flavor?! I'm off, Y/N!" Milim said as she hopped off your back and ran along with the other children. 

"Just remember not to cause anyone too much trouble!" You called to her as she waved her hand before disappearing around the corner as you turned your sights back to the Rodan in front of you. "Now that you're part of our family, you'll need a name..." You said in deep contemplation before one came to mind. "Alright, from this day forward, you'll be named Riza." You said as you felt a hefty chunk of your magicules leave your body and the newly named Riza glowed brightly as her magicules and strength increased dramatically.

"I will never forget nor betray this kindness you have shown me today, my Lord!" Riza said as before growing surprised when your tail suddenly found itself patting her on the top of her head.

"I admire you're drive, but we're also in a time of peace. You can be more relaxed and do whatever you wish to do here." You said to her with a kind voice as she let out a smile and turned to Mai.

"Then, maybe my superior could show me where I will be living from now on?" Riza asked as Mai seemed surprised at first, but also liked the sound of being called 'superior' by someone else.

"Ehehehe~ Well~ I guess I can show you the ropes of how things are run here~ Anything for my junior~" Mai said with a gleeful tone as you just enjoyed the sight of these two getting along.