Leave me alone

*This will take form of a journal entry*

February 14th, 1974

I have pain in my heart, but there is no bitterness. I don't see you as a mistake. I still remember the beautiful moments we had. Yes, our journey was riddled with many rough patches, but life is never just one shade. You hurt me, lied to me, broke my trust, cheated on me. You leave me when I needed you the most and you know what, I don't deserve this. I look back at everything again. And you know it was just meant to be. We are better this way, apart from each other, but in peace. We were both just burning to keep this dead wood alive. It was good that you buried it. You said so many mean things to me and have hurt me with those toxic words. And we both were hurting. So, let's not speak apologies and reasons. We are tired of those endless fights, aren't we? So, what to seek now? I think closure is all I want. And I don't want it from you. You know where you lost me? You started to make me feel disrespected. I went to bed, feeling unappreciated and worthless. Respect and trust are what keeps a relationship alive after the initial spark. It keeps suffocating you, that burn in your heart when you fight to be treated with respect. You did not respect me. You hurt me every time. For you, it was no issue. And for me, it was everything. That's where we grew apart. So, I'll never have any regrets about this decision. It was critical for me to keep my soul alive, my dignity intact. And I hope you bloom the same way. I wish you all the happiness and love in the world. But I pray that we don't cross paths again, ever. I don't want to keep in touch. I want us to just live. I still remember the day I was crying so much, and you leave me alone. A soulmate won't run away when things don't work out.