missing you

Hey Stranger,

I still love you. I shouldn't but it's true.

I know I keep coming back to you and you'd wish I'd stop but it's hard. It's hard to know that deep down I still would do anything for you. I still know so much about you. I still would love to have a future with you.

Things didn't work out and I need to learn to move on, but I keep thinking. Maybe. Maybe if we tried again, it would work, and we would be two kids in love again. But is that maybe worth the risk of me hurting you again? I'm not a good girlfriend/boyfriend and Hell, maybe I'll never be. But that doesn't stop me from loving you just as much.

When we were together people would hate me for loving you and maybe it got to my head. Maybe I tried to pretend I didn't love you to fit in. I wish I hadn't ended things. I wish that I still had you. There are days I find myself yearning to text you. Whether it's to cry to you or to tell you how crazy my life is.

Sometimes I stare at your contact hoping I'd have the guts to call you. And when I do I hang up because I know that hearing your voice will make my insides tremble. It used to make my insides warm and happy. I miss your texts. Knowing it was going to be a great day when I read your good-mornings and sleeping well when I read your goodnights. It's over now. But I enjoyed every part of it. I love you so much.

Sincerely, 

Too Late