201. Traumatic incident part 1

Start from the beginning

Neil turned back to see Mini as she was his only priority and he saw Mini falling sideways to the floor of the lift. Before her face could hit the floor, Neil kept his hand under her cheek and raised her face up. His heart clenched seeing her like that.

Socheya si ki, te ki ho gaya ae
Saddi waari Rab so gaya ae
Kariye ki, kitthe jaaiye
Kihde kolon mangiye duaa [x2]

Mini's eyes was still closed tightly in fear. Pale face with tears marks on her swollen cheeks with blood oozing out of the corner of her lips, her neck had strangulation marks. She was suffering from immense pain. It seemed that she was just trying to be in conscious. But what got Neil tensed deeply about was, her breath. She wasn't breathing at all.

Neil: (with teary eyes) Mini....

Mainu dine hanera langda ae
Chanann jehe tere chehre bin

Hearing his voice, she half opened her eyes and raising her chin tried to look at him. As soon as she saw him, she broke into tears.

Neil: Breathe in... plz...

She gasped for air and pulled in a breath, sobbing hard. 

Her kurti she had worn wasn't on her body and her inner bandeau top was covered in blood. Her plazo was also drenched in blood almost sticking to her folded legs.

She was hell terrified and her whole shrunken strengthless body bloodstained badly.

He, by his one hand, supported her face and still looking in her teary half opened eyes, by his other hand, delicately unwrapped the dupatta from her tied up wrists and draped the dupatta around her, covering her injured upper body.

Mainu chheti chheti mill dholna
Main te theek nahi o tere bin (x2)

Mini breathing out slowly, tilted closer to him. Neil was able to feel her shivering badly.

She while looking through her helpless eyes to his teary ones, gasped for air to breath in again and resting her head on his torso, got unconscious in his arms.

He saw her breaths getting slower and slower and the dupatta didn't take more than half a min to get drenched in blood sticking to her body.

Mini's last words he had heard were ringing in his mind. 

"mujhe bacha lo Neil.... main... main mar jaungi..... Neil mujhe bacha lo pls....."

Neil: (lifting her) Me tumhe kuch nahi hone dunga Mini....

Milna zaroor tu kar intezar mera
Kalla kalla zakham main bharun tera
Maran ni dena tainu main
Aidan meri jaan (x2)

He took her to the ambulance.

Laying Mini on the stretcher on the ambulance, Neil moved back for the nurse to put on oxygen mask to her, but her pendant's chain stuck on the button of Neil's shirt and he saw the chain had tightened on the back of her neck which had injuries. Neil opened the hook of the pendant and gently took the pendant off.

Ik pal vi jeen ni dena
Hun main tainu mere bin

Neil took off every jewellery of hers as it were hurting on her injuries and kept them in his pocket. Tears fell from Neil's eyes seeing her condition.

Nurse: Aap inki family ko inform kar dijiye... aur vo jo dusri Madam hai na... unki bhi...

Neil: (in mind) Family?... Dadu Biji Naeem Bi me se kisi ko bataya aur unko dhakka lag gaya to?.... Mini already itna pain se suffer kar rahi hai... Vo jhel nahi paayegi agar unko kuch ho gaya... Aur Chubby?... Uska to koi hai hi nahi.... Bobby?... Ha... Usko pata hona chahiye...

Neil called Bobby.

Bobby: Hi Neil Bhai.

Neil: (cleared his throat) Bobby... Tu...

Bobby: Sab theek to hai?..... Aapki awaaz....

Neil: (cracking voice) Delhi hospital aa jaa na plz...

Bobby: Kya hua hai?

Neil wasn't able to say about the condition.

Neil: Tu abhi aa ja na... pls yaar...

Bobby: Aata hu.... Aap tension mat lo.... Main abhi aata hu....

He cut the call.

As they reached to the treatment ward, Nurse denied him to accompany further and Neil loosened his grip on Mini's hand and their hands also parted.

Mainu chheti chheti mill dholna
Main te theek nahi o tere bin (x2)

Neil was looking at Mini as she was taken inside by the hospital staff. 

Tears flowed from his eyes without even a slight pause. 

Nurse: Aap, dono patients ka form fill kar dijiye aur admission procedure finish kijiye...

Neil: Vaishnavi?...vo kahan hai?.... Kaisi hai?

Nurse: Vo dusri madam?....

Neil nodded.

Nurse: Hosh nahi aaya hai unhe..... Abhi paas wale room me hai.. unka bhi treatment chal raha hai.

Neil: Ok.

He walked to the reception and took two forms. His hands still had the dried blood stains as he took the form and filled it with trembling hands.

Bobby reached the hospital. He saw Neil at the reception, giving the forms and he kept his hand on his shoulder.

Bobby: Neil Bhai! Sab theek hai?

Neil turned and Bobby saw blood soaked on his shirt and his hands was also covered with dried blood stains.

Bobby: (tensely) Kya hua hai?... Mini?.... Vaishnavi?

Neil's throat was blocked and tears rolling down his cheeks.