Chapter 75

A half an hour later and they had given up the manhunt for me, though I couldn't imagine why they hadn't bothered to look in the bathroom. It sounded like they were tearing every other possible hiding places to shreds.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, things began to settle down, and the leaders of both camps gathered. Chiron and the Counselors of Camp Half-Blood and the Praetors and centurions of Camp Jupiter. I was grateful that I hadn't left the building and that the bathroom was close enough that I could hear what they were talking about. The leaders were setting the rules and boundaries for the game. They quickly mapped out the boundaries for the game, which was about a square mile of land that was filled with forests and meadows and even a creek. There was another campsite with cabins and buildings like the one they were meeting in about mile away, and that would signify one of the boundaries, and would be the Greek's home base. It was decided that Reyna, Frank, and Chiron would not participate in the game, but would keep an eye out for cheating and wounded players- Reyna would watch from above on her Pegasus and Frank and Chiron would watch from the ground, with some help from satyrs and nymphs. It was decided right off the bat that there would be no maiming or killing, and no wounding that could not be recovered from. A fight would be won when someone drew first blood or disarmed their opponent, and the loser would be escorted to jail if they were on their opponent's land. If they were on their own land, then the winner could continue further into enemy territory or go back without the loser interfering. It was decided that the loser could confront the winner and fight again after ten minutes, unless of course they were in jail.

Et cetera, et cetera.

I lost interest as time went on and they began working on the smaller details like, how close you could stand to your own flag, if you could touch your flag after it had been moved by the other team, and so on.

The only thing that came up that was of interest to me was the discussion of demigod abilities. The Legion hadn't even thought about the use of their gifts, so it was difficult for them to figure out what would be fair. To my disappointment, the Greeks suggested that the less powerful of their abilities, such as charmspeak, telumkinesis, aerokinesis, and other mostly harmless abilities, be allowed, but the more powerful ones, such as sorcery and shadowtravel, be banned. I knew exactly which two demigods they were thinking of when they suggested that.

The Greeks and Romans discuss and debated a few other matters for another half an hour, but they quickly finished up. The game was supposed to start at three, but their search for me had taken up a lot of their time. The meeting came to a close, and the Greeks headed out to tell the campers of Camp Half-Blood the rules.

I was determined to wait as long as necessary to ensure that I wouldn't be caught.

But then there was a voice outside the bathroom door.

"Cecilia? Uh... Cecilia?" I recognized it as Hazel and unlocked the door. Slowly I opened it, peeking out. Hazel stared at me with wide eyes.

"Is it safe?" I asked quietly.

"Y-yeah, they, uh, went to their base camp, which is on the other side of the-"

I walked out and she silenced, staring.

"What?" I asked, checking myself. She pointed behind me and I looked as the door swung shut.

And then I laughed.

"Ohhhhhh," I exclaimed, shaking my head. Snorri had put some sort of spell over the bathroom so it blended in with the wall.

"Now it all makes sense..."

"Cecilia."

I whirled around. Reyna and Frank stood at the end of the table just behind me. They and all the centurions stared at me.