25: Becoming Partners

Bai Di stared at Lin Huanhuan, his blue eyes filled with love.

Lin Huanhuan hurriedly said, “As long as I can save Shuang Yun, I can do anything.”

Bai Di spoke slowly. “I need you to bond with me and Shuang Yun.”

“Huh?”

“After you become mates with me and Shuang Yun, we’ll be a family. You, me, and Shuang Yun will all be bound to each other. After that, I’ll go and pacify the beast spirit in Shuang Yun’s body; this way the chances of success will be greatly increased.”

Lin Huanhuan was shocked by this suggestion.

She had thought of making Bai Di her mate, but she had never thought of getting two males to be her mates.

In her worldview, marriage should be monogamous in order to be fair.

Even in this world where females were rare, she had never thought of having many mates.

But now, Bai Di wanted her to be with two male beasts at once.

She thought this was crazy!

But she couldn’t refuse.

This was because Shuang Yun was still waiting to be saved, and she couldn’t leave him to die.

Bai Di saw the color drain from her face and felt bitter.

He hugged the little female in front of him and said with a bitter smile, “I used to think of ways to stop you from being with other male beasts. I was afraid that someone would snatch you away. I always imagined that I could have you all to myself. But now, I have to give you away. I really feel terrible.”

Lin Huanhuan closed her eyes, her voice trembling as she spoke.

“I agree.”

She would agree to anything to save Shuang Yun.

Bai Di held her tighter. “I’m sorry.”

Lin Huanhuan’s emotions were a mess, but her mind was unexpectedly calm.

“Let’s stop wasting time and get on with it.”

Under normal procedures, the female and male must successfully mate, but with Shuang Yun still unconscious and Bai Di injured, it was clearly unrealistic to complete the mating.

That left one other option.

Bai Di and Shuang Yun’s fingers were cut and their blood was squeezed out. The witch doctor mixed it into the water and handed it to Lin Huanhuan to drink.

Lin Huanhuan also squeezed out some of her blood and mixed it into the water before handing it to Bai Di for him and Shuang Yun.

With a look of utmost devotion, Bai Di carefully picked up the cup and downed every last bit.

Shuang Yun was in a coma and could not drink the water, so Lang Zhu could only help pry open his mouth and force the water in.

In this way, Lin Huanhuan and the two male beasts had reached a mating contract.

Lin Huanhuan looked at the unconscious Shuang Yun and couldn’t help but worry. “Shuang Yun hates females so much. If he wakes up and finds out that he has been forced to be my mate, will he be very angry?”

Bai Di gave her a flat look. “If he despises you, I’ll slaughter him.”

Lin Huanhuan: “…”