12~ Love Rival

Thank goodness for that sheepskin illustrated book!

Lin Huanhuan had found records of spotted spiders in the book and knew that their blood was highly toxic. Only the Spot Spider Detox Herb could detoxify the poison in their blood.

She found the herb in the forest according to the illustration of it as shown in the book.

After helping Shuang Yun treat his wound, Lin Huanhuan was extremely tired.

She had run a long way in the forest to find the herb and because she was weak to begin with, she was out of breath now. If she hadn’t been trying to save someone, she would have just given up!

Lin Huanhuan sat on the ground and raised her hand to wipe the sweat off her face. “You saved my life, and I saved yours. This time, we’re really even!”

The Spot Spider Detox Herb was useful, and it didn’t take long for Shuang Yun’s claws to turn a silver-white again.

He finally woke up.

When Shuang Yun opened his eyes, there was a moment of confusion. It was only when he saw Lin Huanhuan’s bright eyes that he gradually recalled what had happened before he fainted.

‘I’m not dead? How unexpected!’

Lin Huanhuan extended two fingers and waved them in front of his eyes. “Tell me quickly, what number is this?”

He asked weakly, “Did you save me?”

“That’s right.”

The way he looked at her became extremely complicated.

He thought she had run off and just left him, but not only did she return, she even saved his life!

She really was nothing like those selfish, cold-blooded females.

He lowered his dark green eyes and whispered, “Thank you.”

“What did you say? Your voice is too soft. I can’t hear it clearly!” Lin Huanhuan rubbed her ears exaggeratedly.

The tips of Shuang Yun’s ears turned slightly red. “I said, you’re an idiot!”

Lin Huanhuan was not to be outdone. “You were saved by an idiot just now. This means that you’re stupider than a fool!”

“I didn’t beg you to save me.”

Lin Huanhuan was so angry that she fell backward. “I shouldn’t have saved you!”

Bai Di finally returned.

He had also brought a few wolves to help bring back the wood. He did not expect to encounter Shuang Yun here.

Lin Huanhuan explained what had happened.

If Shuang Yun hadn’t been there, his little female would have been eaten by the spider.

He said solemnly to Shuang Yun, “Thank you for saving my mate. I’ll remember this favor. In the future, as long as you need my help, I’ll definitely do my best!”

But Shuang Yun was a little unhappy.

It was because he could tell that although Bai Di was grateful to him, he was also secretly warning him that he shouldn’t even think about hitting on Lin Huanhuan!

Bai Di was much sharper than Lin Huanhuan. The moment he saw Shuang Yun, he could tell that the wolf had ill intentions toward his little female.

Out of selfishness, he did not tell Lin Huanhuan about it and allowed Lin Huanhuan’s misunderstanding of Shuang Yun to deepen.