11~ Stay Away From Me!

There were a lot of planks now, and they needed to be brought back in batches.

Lin Huanhuan said to Bai Di, "You can bring a batch back first. I'll guard the wood here."

Bai Di didn't agree with that. "It's dangerous in the forest. I can't leave you here alone. Come with me. You don't have to guard the wood. It doesn't matter even if these planks are stolen."

"No. You worked hard to cut all this wood. I can't let the planks be stolen."

Lin Huanhuan's words warmed Bai Di's heart. He looked at her helplessly. "I really don't know what to do with you."

1

He carried Lin Huanhuan to the tree, then stuffed the bone knife and a bag of sweet fruits into her arms.

"Stay here and don't move. I'll be back soon."

Lin Huanhuan nodded slowly. "Alright!"

Bai Di rushed off while carrying a batch of the planks.

Lin Huanhuan sat alone in the tree, feeling bored. She brought out the sheepskin illustrated book and ate the sweet fruits while reading.

She was on her third sweet fruit when a giant spotted spider suddenly fell from the sky and knocked onto the sheepskin illustrated book!

This spider was more than a meter wide and covered in bright red spots. It opened its bloody mouth and pounced towards Lin Huanhuan!

"Ah!" Lin Huanhuan was so frightened that she dodged backwards. She grabbed the tree trunk with both her hands, but she still fell!

Seeing this, Shuang Yun, who was hiding not far away, rushed over at lightning speed and caught Lin Huanhuan steadily!

Lin Huanhuan heaved a sigh of relief.

When she saw that the person who saved her was Shuang Yun, her eyes widened. "Why is it you again?!"

Shuang Yun snorted.

Lin Huanhuan felt that this guy's attitude was really annoying, but he had just saved her, so she was too embarrassed to say anything. She could only push his chest. "Put me down."

Shuang Yun felt that the little female in his arms was soft and had a pleasant faint fragrance.

It was the first time he'd held a female.

It felt a lot better than he expected.

He was a little reluctant to let her go, but he ultimately did.

As soon as Lin Huanhuan's feet touched the floor she quickly took two steps back and distanced herself from him.

But before she could thank him, he suddenly pulled her aside!

The huge spider jumped down and landed right where Lin Huanhuan had been standing!

It was a good thing she'd been pulled away by Shuang Yun in time, or she would have had another face-to-face encounter with the spider.

After the spider landed, it immediately pounced on Shuang Yun!

Shuang Yun was fearless and transformed into a wolf. His sharp claws swept over and directly left three long bloody scratches on the spider's abdomen!

The spider let out a shrill cry.

Utterly enraged, it swung its eight spindly legs in a desperate bid for revenge.

The insect and wolf fought fiercely.

This was the first time Lin Huanhuan had seen Shuang Yun's beast form.