《 54. Field Trip 》

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

I'm the definition of dichotomy, duality

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

It was the next morning, and you had woken up early to get ready for the day. Today you'd be going to the museum, so you wanted to look nice. You did your hair, put on some light makeup or none, and picked out a pleasant outfit to wear.

You were finishing up eating breakfast with Yuu and Grim when you heard a knock at the door. Getting up from your seat, you walked over to the door with Grim at your heels.

Upon opening the door, you were greeted with the faces of Jade and Floyd.

"Good morning, angelfish~!" Floyd smiled at you. He took a moment to study your appearance. Somehow you looked even cuter than yesterday.

"Good morning." You greeted him politely. Being courteous, you let them inside the dorm and they stepped in. It was odd to be so casual with them, but it was sort of nice at the same time.

They entered the foyer and looked around. "Good morning to you too, Shrimp and earless seal!" Floyd called out to Grim and Yuu who had just arrived.

The nonchalant eel turned over to you again, flashing a close-eyed smile. "We came to pick you up~ Let's go for a walk." Truthfully, he was excited to hang out with you.

Grim winced at the sight of both eels. Their appearances made him uncomfortable. Just looking at them gave him horrible flashbacks and trauma. "Ugh... I keep getting nervous when I see you guys 'cause I think I'm in trouble again, yanno?"

Feigning sadness, Jade placed a hand over his chest. "You wound me. We would never do anything unsightly to those who don't break contracts." He clarified, meaning none of you had much to worry about.

"Today is bright and sunny, wonderful weather for a field trip... which means..." He trailed off.

"Let's get a move on to the Atlantica Memorial Museum~!" Floyd finished his brother's sentence, cheering happily. A bright smile decorated his face. His excited spirit mimicked that of a child. It's like Grim said, if you ignore how creepy he was before, you could find his mannerisms adorable.

"Thanks to Azul, we have managed to reserve the entire museum for today. He went on ahead and is going to be waiting for us there." He explained.

Wait, what?

Growing nervous, you smiled weakly. "Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of us monitoring him?" You argued. "He's already there, unsupervised..."

Floyd approached you with a grin. "Aw, don't worry about that, (Y/N)~ We already know." He said in reassurance. After letting you know, he and his brother ushered your trio out the door. With a hint of reluctance, you went along with them. "Now, time to go~!"

────── ♡♤♢♧ ──────

Everyone met up at the entrance of the museum. It was actually your first time getting a look at the inside, and it was incredible! You were amazed by all the artifacts, and the beautiful architecture. This time you had the opportunity to explore and fully appreciate it.

Eyes sparkling, you darted over to the exhibit. "Yuu, you need to get some pictures with your camera!" You instructed your friend with childish excitement. Since you couldn't use your phone, that was your other plan.

He was intrigued as well by the sights. It'd be a crime not to preserve this rare experience. "Already on it." He said as he held up his camera and began snapping photos. Thankfully, it still worked.