《 27. Riptide 》

━━━━━━༻♕༺━━━━━━

I've been caught up in the riptide
For too long 'cause it's all I know
I've been lettin' this shit slide
These bad habits, they die too slow

━━━━━━༻♕༺━━━━━━

「 ●̷̢̛͔̹̰̭̮͎͙͇͓̥͛͂̀͛͂̓̓͐̉͘͝͝●̵̲̎̈̎̓͑̎͋͝͠●̶̝̥̒̈́̑̃̅͑͋̎̆●̷̢̡͎͓̯̥̤̀͂̿͆͐̾̈̀͠͝●̵̯͚̗̜̔̋̇●̴̛͎̻̏̈́̈́̑●̷̢͕͒̈́̀͑̀́̓́̆͊͠●̷̞̜͖̰̳͕̗͕̒͒͝●̵̨͍̦̦̬̲̀̅̌̓͜ͅ●̷̭̳̮̈́̉●̷̛͎̟̠̞̈́̋͒͝ͅ●̷̧̟̦̄̆́͒̐͗̌̿̕●̸̭̥̩̺̉̅̃̕͘͠●̴͔̥͛͊̈́̆͋̓̆͜●̸̧̗̫̹͖̞̝͈͉͌̓̀͂̒͋́̔̓̎͝●̵̳̜̖̰̞̔̋̏̽̃̓͊̐̋●̴̛̫̦̈́̔̐͋̍̑̋̀͜●̴̜̿̈͆̅̌͂̉̓̑̚͠●̶̣̌͑̅̍̆͂̂̏͐̓̏͒̕ͅ●̶̧̩̯̮̺͎̖̱̥̼̤̤̮͛̍̌͊͗͐͒●̵̖̜̱̗̜̲͍̪̒͛̽͌͊͂̏͑͐͛͆̚͝●̶̱̳͚̺̮̖͈̖̖̯̭̙͒͋̍̈́͂̍̿̀̍͜●̷̨̹̭̼̥̭̣̬͉͈̼͍͗̾̎̈́̑͗̐͘͝●̶͎̲̇̀̍̽͊̚●̴̠̩͙̯̤̯̦͕͈̑̄●̶̝̫̙̻̏●̸̡̨̛̤͔̲̬̖͕͚̲̜̀●̴̢̛̮͔̱̻̈́●̶̨̡̜̱̥͎̹̹̥̭̽̈́̓̓̎̉̿̋͛̒●̸̡̛̩͙͙̳̲̲̥̭̪̉͑̇̑͜͠͝●̸̡̛̻̳̖͎̝̜̪͔̬͕͑̋̂̌̂̉̈́̓̋͘̚͜͠●̸̡̛̭̤̼̲̜͖͉͚̀͗̏͜

Another large blast of magic consumed the arena. Like a violent wind, it blew your hair and clothes. All of your senses abruptly came to a halt. The negative energy ran through your body, giving you a taste of what Leona's pain truly was.

This is...!

Once it was safe to open your eyes, you saw Leona hovering above the ground. The earth under him was almost nothing, a deep hole had formed, converted to dust. Pillars of sand surrounded his form.

Leona's skin had turned a dark pale and his face was marked with ink. His hair was fuller yet devoid of his natural warm colors, splayed out in all directions. One of his eyes was glowing a bright yellow. A gold necklace of spikes along with black fur covered his chest. His outfit was a dark leather sleeveless bodysuit decorated with gold bands and chains. Aztec patterned fabric was draped around his waist as well as a tattered cloth.

Behind him was a large shadow in the form of a lion. The towering creature had dark brown fur and a full black mane. A crown was placed atop its head.

You couldn't take your eyes off his new twisted appearance. It happened again. But this time, you knew exactly what terrifying transformation he had gone through.

Most of you knew, and yet you couldn't stop it.

Leona was in Overblot.

He let out a loud roar, shaking the earth with his booming voice. His black fists were dripping with ink.

The ground shook and particles began flying into the air along with the sand.

"Wh-what the hell!? There's a giant shadow behind Leona!" Jack exclaimed in shock.

Deuce recognized what was happening right away. It was that all too familiar negative energy. "That's... The Blot's manifestation!"

"Did he go into evil villain berserker mode like Riddle did!?" Grim realized.

Riddle forced himself upright. Since he was the next in line to authority, he decided to take charge. Someone had to protect the students. "Anyone who can stand, go and find shelter! Ace, Deuce, take the injured someplace safe!" He gave out his orders. "Lilia, please call the teachers for help!"