《 50. Bottom Of The Deep Blue Sea 》

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

Welcome to my cage, little lover
Attempt to rearrange with you, baby
Still don't know your name, miss honey
Let's go up in flames, pretty lady

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

The Octavinelle Dorm had undergone a complete, horrifying transformation. The once beautiful blue sea-like view had been replaced with dark shades of purple and murky reds. It was much darker now, from the negative energy accumulated by Azul, and projected out from the inky substance emanating off of him.

Azul held his hand out to you. His eyes were swirling with unhinged malice. "Give me your power... (Y/N)...!" He called out, his voice was hysterically demanding. A dark substance escaped from him, and it was heading in your direction.

It was so quick, you scarcely had time to react. When it hit you, it stung like a powerful rupture. "Agh!" The sudden agony incited a cry from you, and you stumbled backwards.

Upon making contact with your body, the mysterious force began to harm you, while also bring you to drowsiness. It felt like your energy was being vigorously sapped from a million leeches. Your mind and body were splitting apart at the seams.

It hurts... it hurts so much...!

"(Y/N)!" Leona, Ruggie, and Yuu all shouted in alarm.

Struggling to move, you felt trapped. The magical force from Azul had a tight grip on you. Whatever it was, it was draining your energy fast. If you didn't do something, you'd lose consciousness. He might even rip your glamor right off of you.

No way am I letting that happen! Your stubborn thoughts were coming forth. Squeezing your eyes shut, you mustered up all the strength you could in your muscles. With your strength, you forcefully struggled and threw yourself back.

The combination of your resolve and the sudden disruption of force weakened the spell. Suddenly, Azul was hit with a fusion spell, making him stop completely. Once he released his hold on you, you fell backwards and landed on your back. Yuu, Ruggie, and even Leona joined your side, and you slowly got up. With that fusion spell, they had saved your skin.

"Are you okay?!" Yuu asked with wide eyes of concern.

"I-I'm fine..." You grumbled, trembling slightly. There was a mild burning sensation, but you figured it would fade in due time. You looked down at yourself, searching for any sort of change in your appearance. Leona watched you with a hint of skepticism.

"What did he do to you?" Ruggie asked next. His ears had flattened in worry. What just happened?

It took you a second to piece it together. The magic of his... it had drained your energy, and it stung when you tried to use your magic.... Like it was being ripped away from you.

Azul wasn't done. Now that he lost his target, he directed his attention elsewhere... the other students. He continued to wreck havoc on the students lingering around the dorm. "Your lightning magic, and that guy's athletic abilities...! Give them all to me!"

A student was screaming as Azul targeted him. He was consumed by darkness, faint beams of light escaping him and being absorbed by the octopus. Once he was drained, the student collapsed to the ground.

By now it was clear what was happening. "He's absorbing people's abilities... and taking them as his own." You observed as you breathed out. It was frightening.

Leona figured as much. "It looks like he can take everything from someone with his unique magic if there's no contract in place. My guess is that contract acts like a check and balance for his magic."