《 1. Sweet Escape 》

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

If I could escape,
I would, but first of all let me say...

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

Thin air. Shallow breaths. The heavy smell of iron filled your nose and plunged your senses. Metallic taste lingering in your mouth. Snapping you back to your senses, your hazy vision started to clear up and adjust.

Slowly gazing down at your hands, you could see they had been stained a dark shade of crimson.

That single color was everywhere. All over the place. It even made a mess of your nice clothes.

You parted your lips to speak, but no words came out, except for streams of flesh and blood which flowed out of your mouth like water, hitting the ground in loud splatters.

It was truly a disturbing sight to behold, especially with how unsightly you must have looked.

Speaking of which...

"G-Get away from me you monster!"

A lone young girl shouted at you.

Her voice was shaky while her eyes that were fixated on you were wide from terror. Cowering in fear, she sat a few feet away from you on the ground. Her hand was protectively covering her shoulder. Unfortunately for her, it was doing nothing to stop the intense bleeding coming from the gaping wound that resided there.

...?

Instinctively, you raised a hand out to her. Instead of seeking comfort and relaxing at the hint of reassurance, the girl flinched at your movement. Her breath hitched as she continued to tremble in panic. A sense of dread omitted from her and contributed to the grim atmosphere.

Did I...?

"I s-said, stay away!" She shrieked again in a shrill voice. Despite the loudness of her tone, she was far from a threat to the likes of you.

Your mouth closed shut. The bitter remnants of the thick red fluid went down your throat as you swallowed.

Indeed. You had zoned out again. Although your memory was certainly hazy, it returned as quickly as it left, leaving you to piece together the events leading up to this terrifying moment.

The woods had been remarkably dry as of late. Nobody had ventured through the forest for some reason or another, and the small animals that scraped you by gradually became nothing more than scarce table scraps, and then eventually nothing at all. It wasn't enough to keep you going.

In a false attempt to appease the burgeoning ache in your abdomen, you continued to perpetuate for as long as you could. Grass, rocks, bark, you even forced yourself to stomach dirt. It was agonizing to drag out, but you eventually had to face the loud reality. You were starving. It felt as if a hole had grown in your stomach. You were desperate for something, anything to satisfy your growing desire before it became uncontrollable.

However, after prolonging the inevitable, blessed be, your prayers had been answered when a young girl in a red hood and golden locks came to play.