Chapter 36

After giving Wuxian a day to recuperate from the mess he has been through, he was doing a lot better. Wangji, Xichen, and Jingyi have all been helpful towards Wuxian and was there if he ever needed anyone, Wangji especially. Lan Wangji barely left his lover's side for the few days Wuxian used to recuperate and recover his energy. If the two could, they would have married by now but with the war still hanging over their heads, it was not the time yet.

Jingyi was outside for a bit patrolling the area. He was actually a very strong fighter these days thanks to his father and Uncle Wei from the future. He has received a lot of training from them since Wuxian married into the Lan Sect. Though he causes the most mischief, he was still one of the best fighters and trackers of his generation.

"Father, I reached out to Jin Ling and Sizhui using our secret communication talismans, they made it to Lotus Pier safely. Jin Zixuan has more reinforcements set around the sect since the news of Wen Zhuliu and Wen Ruohan's death. Sizhui said that Great Uncle Lan also sent a few of our soldiers to Lotus Pier out of kindness...he was tempted not to as he didn't trust Yunmeng anymore after the way they treated Uncle Wei...but so far everything is fine," Jingyi explained, once he entered the house.

"Okay," Xichen said and let out a sigh, "there is no telling what Wen Chao is planning right now."

"It's hard to say," Jingyi said, "Sizhui suspects that the Wen Sect will come to Lotus Pier as it was Uncle Wei's first home. Though he knows of the relationship between him and Hanguang Jun. They may target the Lan Sect again."

"Did you ask Shufu to reinforce the protection barriers and set up extra patrols?" Xichen asked.

"I can sent him a message," Jingyi replied.

"I will, I want to also make sure things are going well there," Xichen said as he took out a communications talisman to sent a message to Lan Qiren.

"Where are the two anyway?" Jingyi asked.

"They are both asleep still," Xichen said, "A'Xian is having trouble with nightmares again recently so Wangji has been trying to soothe him every night. The two can sleep in as they need."

"I was just curious," Jingyi said as he sat down, "do you think Uncle Wei will be okay?"

"He will over time," Xichen replied, "he just needs to heal." Jingyi nodded and let Xichen send the message to Lan Qiren. Xichen glanced at Jingyi once he was done with his task and saw that Jingyi was thinking about something, "is something bothering you?"

"No, I am just thinking," Jingyi said, "I remember when I first met him. He was just resurrected through a sacrifice summon by Mo Xuanyu. Mo Xuanyu is one of Jin Guangshan's illegitimate sons. No one really knew what he went through but many people said the real Mo Xuanyu had a mental problem and was a bit of a lunatic. Uncle Wei played the part very well."

Xichen laughed, "I can believe that. He is known for being mischievous and being playful."

"After helping us with a resentful spirit there at the Mo residence, he snuck away. Many suspected that he was trying to not to get noticed by Hanguang Jun. Apparently he was scared that Hanguang Jun hated him," Jingyi explained.

"I am guessing Wuxian's trust in people was completely broken after his death. It makes sense for him to be scared to get noticed again," Xichen told him.

Jingyi nodded, "he did help us again later. After he helped us, Hanguang Jun managed to drag him back to Cloud Recesses. Uncle Wei made a huge fuss about it. When he saw you he was going to be mischievous hoping you would keep him out but Hanguang Jun used the silence spell. Plus you were intrigued to see that Hanguang Jun brought someone home with him."

"Sounds like something I'd say," Xichen said, "I am assuming he eventually came around?"

"After Jin Guangyao's crimes were finally exposed, and framed Uncle Wei, he and Hanguang Jun managed to get together. You had to basically tell Uncle Wei that Hanguang Jun had feelings for him because he was unaware of them. It was a mess but they eventually married."

Xichen nodded, "I think Wuxian just had a hard time accepting that someone could have feelings for him. I have noticed when Sizhui and Jin Ling first arrived, Wuxian was so closed up that it took a bit for him to open up. It is hard to say with him. I am just glad that the two are together now. I want to make sure they stay that way too. How was he after marrying into the sect?"

"He was doing better. He and Hanguang Jun traveled often so they didn't stay long. Hanguang Jun didn't want Uncle Wei to feel caged with all the rules. Now he is training disciples in archery and even helps with night hunts. He has helped me a lot. I learned a lot from him. He taught me a lot about tracking and improving my combat," Jingyi explained.

Xichen nodded, "didn't he not have a core back then?"

"Wei Wuxian didn't but when he soul resurrected into Mo Xuanyu's body, he cultivated Mo Xuanyu's core. It took a little while because he had a very weak one. Hanguang Jun helped him on cultivating again. He still uses resentment every once in a while but that's only if we are in an emergency situation," Jingyi explained, "right now, he is, or should be home as he is expecting a child."

"I remember being told that," Xichen said, "Sizhui, twin girls, and another child on the way...they really can't keep their hands off each other."

"No," Jingyi replied, "no one dares go to the Jingshi anymore. Even you are hesitant to go sometimes as you accidentally walked in on them a few times because they forgot to lock the door."

Lan Xichen nodded, "I will be mindful in the future then."

"Probably not a bad idea," Jingyi said.

/////////////////

(Secret Location)

(Secret Location)