Chapter 23: Sumeru (Part 2/2)

So I'm in school right now so I can't play Fontaine 4.2 yet  (nevermind that I still haven't finished the 4.0 quest) but have you all seen the trailer?! Oh my gosh, it brought back my love for genshin which was slowly wilting away the past few updates.  Ahh, I can't wait to play it. Screw school, I'm finishing the Fontaine quests today! (for legal reasons, I was just joking. Don't ignore school :>) 

"Alright, did you all enjoy your break?" Lynn asked as the room was filled with people. 

"It was fun, hanging out with the other archons." Venti smiled. "It would be better if we could interact with the others, though."

"...Like the Tsaritsa?" Amber asked hesitantly.

"Yep and the others like Folcalors!" Venti grinned.

"Hmph," someone from Fontaine's curtain reacted.   

"Just admit you miss them." someone said. "You look so obvious."

They weren't given an answer.

The screen lit up as Paimon and Lumine appeared in front of a jolly city.

"What a beautiful city," Ayaka praised as she watched in awe before noting something. "the color scheme of the city seems to be green, though."

"It is." Beidou agreed. "Fitting for the land of dendro, I suppose."

"Is it just me or are Inazuma and Sumeru are the only nations that are color-schemed based on their archon's color?" someone from Natlan asked. "Like, purple for Inazuma and green for Sumeru?"

Many looked stumped at that. 

"Sumeru City! Ah, we finally made it!" Paimon cheered, her eyes instantly looking for food stalls but noticed something else. "Oh, did you see that? When those people entered the city, something on their heads lit up!"

Before Lumine could reply, they were approached by some people. "One moment please, you two. It appears this is your first time visiting Sumeru City."

"Oh! Yeah, that's right, but how did you know that?" Paimon asked curiously.

"You two, mostly Paimon, looked out of place in the city." Kaeya said. 

"True, they obviously look like tourists." Collei agreed. 

Panah, the man, spoke. "Because there's currently no information on either of you in the Akasha. 

"Akasha? Oh, the one Tighnari spoke of before, yes?" someone from Natlan rhetorically asked.

But no need to worry, that won't prevent you from entering the city. In fact, the Akademiya conveniently provides each traveler to Sumeru City with a device. 

Some thought they were just overthinking things but they did not like how he spoke the word 'conveniently'.

Perhaps you two have heard of the Akasha before. It's our beloved Greater Lord Rukkhadevada's lasting legacy, a treasure trove of collected knowledge: After centuries of tireless research on the Akasha, the Akademiya created one of its most ingenious inventions, the Akasha Terminal. As long as you are within Sumeru's borders, you may use an Akasha Terminal to connect directly to the Akasha and access any knowledge you need. I should mention that due to technical limitations, the operation of Akasha Terminals will be much smoother and more effective in large cities such as Sumeru City and Port Ormos."

Paimon was amazed. "Oh, so this is the thing that Tighnari was telling us about. It sounds pretty amazing!"

"It is," Gorou agreed.