Chapter 3: Mondstadt

"Welcome!" Lynn greeted with a grin. "So, I thought about it and decided that Scaramouche will be revealed because the traveler has already met him many times before."

"Unfortunately." Lumine murmured as someone from Snezhnaya's curtain was suddenly pulled out and thrown to sit besides Yae and Raiden.

"Freak!" he cursed the moment he saw who was besides him. "Why am I between these two people?!"

"Because I said so." Lynn said uncaringly. "Now, onto the show!"

Prologue III: Song of the dragon and freedom

"So, everything will be resolved now." someone from Fontaine commented.

The scene opens up with Lumine and her trusty companion, Paimon, meeting Diluc and the others in front of Dawn Winery. 

"The Abyss Order...Enemies of the human race. Even the underground networks rarely come across any information on them." Diluc shared. "With that said, it was a bit of a hassle, but I managed to dig up a few clues."

"You are very skilled," Yelan praised with a look in her eyes. "are you thinking about changing your profession?"

"No." Diluc immediately denied. "I am content in where I am."

"I see," Yelan looked disappointed together with Ningguang. "but if you ever did change your mind, remember to tell me. I have a job offer for you."

"Really? That quickly?" Venti asked in surprise. "You really are well-connected, Master Diluc."

Diluc looked proud at this.

"Come to think of it, Mr. Big Anemo God Barbatos - why exactly do you need the help of mere humans?" Paimon asked.

"That's true," Sara mused. "aren't archons supposed to be capable of doing more than humans?"

"I'm sure I explained it to the traveler." was Venti's vague answer.

"Ahh...How do I put it..." Venti thought before explaining. "'The Seven' as people now know them, were once known as 'the seven archons'."

"Still is." someone from Snezhnaya said.

"Each archon presides over their own part of Teyvat. That is the role the archons play. Only in performing this duty we can attain power, 

"So that means..." Collei trailed off, now realizing why he needed the help of humans.

"but I don't like the idea of 'ruling' Mondstadt - and I don't feel Mondstadt would really like it either."

"We probably won't." Kaeya agreed. "Considering we were free from tyranny, I don't believe the citizens will be happy to stay under one again."

"'Go forth and establish a city of freedom without rule.' We have not forgotten Barbatos' wish for Mondstadt." Jean said seriously while looking at Venti.

"What a pleasant order." Kazuha said with a soft smile.

"Jean, you're such a devotee!" Paimon teased. "Maybe someone got a little too free and is just too lazy to care..."

"I still can't believe Paimon can speak like that to our archon." Sucrose said with a numb look, not being able to imagine speaking like that to an archon and surviving.

"Venti does seem to be easygoing." Albedo remarked. 

"Ahh...However it may have come to be...I haven't been back to Mondstadt for an extended period of time." Venti said without care. "Without a doubt, I am now the weakest archon among The Seven!"