Chapter 13: Zhongli Quest II

Soo...this might be a little bad because I wasn't completely sure how to do a reaction for this considering the only important parts ended up being the latter part while the beginning was kind of boring...Still, hope you all enjoy ^_^

PS: Should I do Kazuha's part or skip it?  (I might be too excited to do the recent Caribert quest hehe)

The room turned dead silent as everybody immediately became on guard.

"Who said that." Diluc was the first to demand, looking around and trying to pinpoint where the voice came from.

"Is Traveler's brother here?" Yelan mused. "He would be the only one who would say something like that."

"Come out, coward!" Paimon shouted, flying around everywhere, trying to locate the man's location. When she couldn't, she flew to Lynn who was trying to escape the room. "Lynn!!! Tell him to come out!!"

"I...uh..." fortunately for her, Lumine arrived just in time with a happy smile before looking startled at the scene.

"What happened?" she asked, seeing how wary everyone was. No one answered her as they all turned to each other, silently asking if they should tell their suspicion or not.

"We suspect that your brother might be hiding somewhere here." Scaramouche, annoyed at the awkwardness, bluntly said.

The grin on her face immediately fell as her eyes widened, instinctively looking around for a familiar blond haired boy in the room. Much to her dismay, she found none so she glared at Scaramouche, believing that he was lying.

"Were you lying?" she asked with a tremble, her fists clenching so hard some worried she might hurt herself.

"N-no! It's true, we heard a mysterious voice which sounded like your brother from the videos." Ayaka quickly pacified. Hearing this, Lumine immediately turned to Lynn who paled.

"Lynn?" she asked. She didn't sound or look mad, as if she was simply asking about the sky, and that's what scared Lynn the most.

'Do I fear the abyss or the wrath of a sister more?' she thought. 'Who am I kidding -'

"Here!" with a snap of her paw, two figures appeared in front of her in a kneeling position and head bowed down. When they look up in confusion, everyone saw their faces - Aether and Dainsleif.

"You two..." Lumine gasped out in shock, stepping back a little.

"Bye!" Lynn immediately left, letting the trio deal with the problem. She was not going to join the mess, thank you. She didn't want to die young. 

Once she left, the room descended into silence again as everyone held their breaths, silently watching the show in front of them.

"Lumine, we meet again." Dain was the first one to speak.

"Lumi...hi." Aether smiled guiltily. 

Lumine just stared at them, hands crossed in front of her chest as she glared at the two. Then, she slowly walked towards them. Dain had immediately stood up and stepped back a little while Aether scrambled up, fearing what his sister would do. Unfortunately for him, he was slow and she was already in front of him by the time he stood up fully.

"Lumi...hit me if you want." Aether said, knowing that pleading would be useless. Besides, he does deserve it for leaving her alone...and seeing her cry that much hurt more than he wanted to admit. With that in mind, he closed his eyes, bracing himself for the impact but felt warm hands wrap around his shoulders instead. 

Hesitantly opening his eyes, he saw that Lumine was hugging him, crying based on how his shoulders were quickly becoming wet. 

"You idiot, fool, moron, jerk, ignorant brother of mine!" she cried out, hugging him tighter because finally, after all this time, she was finally able to feel the presence of her brother with her - she finally became complete.