Chapter 21: Dain Chasm Quest

I'M ALIVE! I'm really sorry for not posting on time and not being able to tell you guys why. I've recently been busy with preparing for school and life in general so I haven't been able to use Wattpad at all. Because of this, the following chapters might not be able to follow the typical schedule. I'll try my best to update on time but please don't get your hopes up. Thank you for your patience and I hope you enjoy this! ^_^

Alright, everyone pay attention, you'll learn a lot of things here." Lynn said while slightly glancing at Nahida. During their break, Nahida had asked Lynn not to show Sumeru yet, wanting to prepare herself first. It wasn't much of a hassle for Lynn considering she already had another plan for today's viewing but was worried so she asked if she needed more time. Nahida said she'd be fine as long as this wasn't the Sumeru video so Lynn easily agreed.

"I see." Albedo said, already having a notebook in hand thanks to his trusted sketchpad. 

Al haitham similarly had a notebook in hand, already prepared to write important information just like what he's been doing ever since this whole viewing started. After all, while all of these happened in the past and can never be changed anymore, there was still a high possibility that it was important for the future. Case in point, Khaenri'ah.

"Ah, Traveler. Right on cue, hehe." Katheryne greeted the moment Lumine and Paimon approached her.

"Just a suggestion but you should probably quit the adventurer's guild." someone from Snezhnaya said.

"Huh? Why?" Lumine asked in confusion.

"We usually start the viewing with you going to Katheryne." the former said. "which then starts a set of new discoveries and burdens. Didn't you say before that you wanted to rest? I doubt you can rest if you continue joining."

Lumine didn't say anything but had a thoughtful look on her face.

'She's considering it...' many thought.

Lumine let out a sigh of disappointment, "Unfortunately, I need the money."

"Join the Fatui and I'll give you money." someone from Snezhnaya suggested. 

"I can give you money, don't listen to them." Aether immediately said.

"Hey Katheryne! Got any new commissions for us today? Also... how come you look so happy to see us? What have you done!?" Paimon immediately became wary.

"...It is unusual to see her so happy." Keqing, who's met Katheryne a couple of times, agreed. "She's always serious."

"Something good must have happened." Yoimiya grinned, happy for Katheryne.

"I went to the shrine to draw a fortune slip earlier. The shrine maiden told me that "it is the season for an unexpected reunion.""

"Katheryne? Drawing fortune slips at the shrine? ...Is it just Paimon, or is that the most unusual thing ever!? Wait, no, that's not the unusual part — we're in Liyue! You went to Inazuma and back in a single day!?"

"Hehe, even I have a private life, you know."

"But...how is that possible? Unless she's using the waypoint like Lumine and Paimon." Tighnari mused.

"No, besides that, she has a private life? I never saw her away from her position, though." Chongyun said.

"Who knows?" no one really knew the answer. Well, no one willing to speak.

"Okay, so when you say "unexpected reunion," you mean running into us, right?"

"Who can say? But the anticipation of knowing that an unexpected reunion is due is making me happy to see everyone I cross paths with today."