Chapter 4: Venti Quest

@_Galaxiez_ Funny story, when I saw your message, I didn't know how to respond because I've always planned on writing this after the Mondstadt quest. In fact, I already finished it before you sent that message, hahaha. So, sorry for not replying, didn't want to ruin the surprise ^_^ Anyway, surprise!

"So, what will we watch today?" Scaramouche asked with a bored tone while glaring angrily at Yae who kept teasing him.

"We'll watch Venti's story!" Lynn cheered.

"My story?" Venti asked in confusion and a hint of wariness. 

"Yeah...about that...sorry in advance, Venti." Lynn apologized before playing the screen, not explaining anything anymore. 

"So we'll learn more about the anemo archon." Collei said with a little bit of excitement, curious.  

Carmen Dei Chapter: Act I

Should You Be Trapped in a Windless Land

"Oh, you mean this." Venti said in understanding together with Lumine and Paimon. Diluc also had some idea but the rest were confused. 

The scene opened with Lumine and Paimon seeing a little girl playing all by herself near the anemo archon's statue.

"Hey, Lumine look over there!" Paimon exclaimed while pointing at the little girl. "She...all by herself, right? Because she's acting as if she's talking and laughing with somebody else...uhhh! Paimon's creeped out."

"That's rude, Paimon." Beidou scolded. "But completely true. What is she doing?"

"Beidou..." Kazuha only sighed. "Is she perhaps playing with her imaginary friend?"

"You had one too, Kazuha?!" Paimon asked in shock.

"Indeed." he nod. "I presume everyone had one when they were kids."

This statement received a lot of agreement.

"I had an imaginary friend too when I was a kid." Lumine confessed.

"What? You mean you used to act like that too, Lumine?" Paimon asked in shock. 

"Not everyone acts like that." Xingqiu said. "When I was a kid, I was less enthusiastic compared to her."

"Indeed." Lisa said with a slightly tired voice. "Being that active is...yawn...exhausting."

"Uh...so is this... an invisible friend who hangs out with you sometimes? Or...do they just exist in your imagination?"

"It's self-explanatory, idiot." someone from Snezhnaya scoffed. 

"At least she has the right attitude." Lumine scowled. "Unlike someone who loves hiding behind the curtain."

"It isn't my choice." the one from Snezhnaya said.

"I can reveal you now." Lynn offered, gaining no response. 

"'imaginary' means 'in your imagination'." Lumine explained.

"Imaginary...imagination..." Paimon pondered. "Oh, you mean 'imagined friend', right? Why didn't you just say so?"

"She did say so." Ganyu said in confusion. 

"So, this 'imagined friend' of yours...when does Paimon get to meet them?" 

"They...invisible now." Lumine replied awkwardly. 

"Seriously? So imaginary friends just...disappear when you grow up?" Paimon asked incredulously.