Chapter 19: Ei's Quest II

The screen opened to Lumine and Paimon standing in front of Katheryne from Inazuma.

"Ad astra abyssosque, Lumine," she greeted. "Recently, the Adventurers' Guild has received an unusual commission, and after careful consideration, we believe that—"

Paimon interrupted her, ""The traveler would be the most suitable candidate." Right?"

"It's always the case," Lumine sighed.

"It was fun at first but now it's tiring," Paimon pouted. 

"Hehe, indeed. As ever. I will spare the pleasantries, then. May I ask if you two are available to help?"

"It'll depend on the task and the compensation." Lumine replied.

"Smart, you should neve accept a commission where the pay is low," someone from Snezhnaya said with a satisfied tone.

"Are you only going to comment when money is involved?" someone from the same nation asked.

"Duh," the first person replied. "everything else is useless."

"Well, let me go over it briefly. Our client for this job is the Yashiro Commission. Apparently, rifthounds are attacking the roots of the Sacred Sakura nearby Mt. Yougou in great numbers."

"Rifthounds? ...On Narukami Island?"

"Yes. We are not sure where exactly these creatures come from. But this time, they are attacking in alarming numbers with great aggression and a clear target. The Sacred Sakura is of tremendous importance to Inazuma. I trust you are aware of this already?"

Some frowned, knowing how valuable the tree was in Inazuma.

"I take it the problem has been solved now considering Inazuma is peaceful?" Lisa asked.

"Indeed, and it's all thanks to our dear traveler," Yae smiled as Ei nodded in agreement.

"I believe I understand." Lumine nodded.

"Good. Then you can see that this case is very urgent indeed."

"Is the Tenryou Commission aware?"

"Yes, and they are already taking action of their own. However, given that the Sacred Sakura's root system is vast and complex, and faced with the unpredictability and scale of the rifthounds' attacks, they are finding it difficult to defend against them. Their main priority is to protect the civilian population. 

"No one got hurt, right?" Noelle asked.

"Fortunately, there's none," Sara replied.

So they are actively looking to cooperate with all other available forces to eliminate the monsters. The Adventurers' Guild is one of the key parties assisting the Tenryou Commission with their work. But so far, the combined efforts to combat the rifthounds has failed to substantially ameliorate the situation."

Lumine sighed, "Time to make some whelps yelp." 

"You have our deepest gratitude. Your confident response puts me far more at ease. I will mark on your map the areas where rifthound appearances have been recently reported. I hope you won't encounter too much trouble overcoming them."

"Relax! We'll be back before you can say "ad astra abyssosque."" Paimon joked as the two left.

Once they were alone, Paimon chatted with Lumine, "The Sacred Sakura's in danger again, huh. Who'd have thought.