The letter

It was almost Christmas. Juliette was not a fan of Christmas for one reason. Home. Of course her "home" will never really feel like a real one. Hogwarts was her home. It's where she really grew up and was cared for.

Her parents were bad. They were friends with the Blacks. That bad. Her mother used to brag about Sirius's amazing cousins and how they were perfect influences. Other than Andromeda. Juliette didn't want to be liked by her parents, she wanted to be
loved. She could care less about how they felt about her 'politics'.

Breakfast was already not going as planned. James was staring at her throughout almost all of it. She could hardly eat. Of course it was normally harder to eat with the constant nagging voice of her mother and father in her head
Your looking plump
Slow down
Be a lady
You have to be petite (although her mother never got her wish, Jules was quite tall)
Don't you think you've had enough
Your going to look ugly.
Those were only a few.

Owls came flying overhead and dropping packages and letters in front of various different students. James even got one. Juliette stoped expecting one but today when the envelope dropped right in front of her and she saw that god forsaken family crest wax seal she felt sick to her stomach. All of her friends watched her go pale.

Dear Juliette,

I hope your grades are not discouraging to me and your father. We are glad to say that we are well, we suppose you are too. Your aunt was found dead in her house last month and we only just now thought to write you.

You will be joining us for Christmas this year, like last. We have news.

-your mother,
Amarantha Sallow

News. What possible news could they have. She thought.
"You alright?" Remus asked. She didn't move or speak.
"Darling?" Lily asked, concerned.
"Something's wrong." She muttered
"Jules? Are you ok." James asked. She looked up from the letter and looked into his eyes.
"I think I'm going to be sick." She said and ran out of the room.

She ran to the nearest washroom and immediately went to a stall to throw up. It first she didn't even realize that someone had followed her until she felt someone holding her hair.
"There you go." James soothed.
"Go, I don't want you to see me like this ." She was crying.
"I'm fine." He stated, still holding her hair. She moved and sat in the floor and leaned her head on the stall wall.

"What's wrong?" James asked softly, sitting next to her.
"You wouldn't understand." She sniffled.
"Please." His honey eyes were looking into hers.
"My parents sent me a letter. They said they had news. It just doesn't feel right..." she paused.
"I'm scared James." She whispered.
He sighed and held her close. Resting his chin on top of her head.
"I'm getting your sweater all wet."
"It's alright, I like it soggy." He huffed a small laugh. She did the same.

"Do you have to go?" He asked.
"Yeah, I do. They'll throw a fit if I don't."
"I'm sorry."
"I know."
"Why do you always say that?" James moved to look at her.
"Say what?"
"When I apologize, you always say 'I know'. Why?"
"Because I know your sorry. you don't mean to do the things that you apologize for. I know that. I can't not forgive you."
"You could... sometimes I wouldn't blame you. I kinda make your life hell."
"You make my life fun." She assured. He gave her his famous James Potter smile.

———

"Where are you going this year?" Peter asked.
"James's, obviously." Sirius replied. He ran away last year during the summer and has been living with the potters ever since.
"Jules?" Peter asked timidly. James gave him a bit of a harsh look. Peter shrugged like he was saying sorry.
"Umm, my parents." She replied closing her book and gently setting it down. She then folded her legs up in the couch and leaned into Sirius. He put an arm around her. James moved and sat next to her.
  "I'll tell them you said hi." Sirius told Juliette.
  "They don't even know me pads."
  "Trust me they do." He mumbled.
  "What was that?" She asked.
  "Nothing."

James shifted and she looked over at him.
He smiled and mouthed come here to her. She gave him a questionable look. He just cocked his head telling her to move towards him again. So she did. He put his arm around her and began a conversation with Peter about chess.

Remus looked at Sirius and then glanced over toward the door.
  "Moony didn't you need help looking for a book?" Padfoot asked.
  "Yeah."
  "I'll help." The two of them left the room quickly.