twenty five.

The two parents looked down at the envelope with astonishment. They couldn't believe what was in front of them. Someone had dropped a blank cheque ontheir doorstep and they never had a clue of who it was.

Jennifer placed her hand against her mouth and released a hushed cry.

"I can't believe this."

"We can't take this," Allen spoke. He shook his head and crossed his arms with defense.

"What?"

"We don't know where it came from or what type of game is being played. We don't need it."

Jennifer looked up at her husband with disbelief. "Allen, we need the money. With all these bills, the medical bills that we have to pay and insurances that we gotta pay off. We need this and clearly it's someone we know."

No one else knew what they were going through except for Octavia, and she didn't know everything to a certain extent.

"Jennifer-"

"We need this," She assured.

The married couple looked up at the stairs and watched as Jared walked down. He walked into the kitchen and looked at them with suspicion.

"What's going on?"

"What's with all the noise?" Sean followed in tow. He rubbed his tired eyes and walked into the living room.

"We-"

"Jennifer," Allen said sternly.

Jennifer ignored her husband and turned toward her two sons.

"Someone left this on our porch not too long ago."

Jared grabbed the envelope and pulled out the small piece of paper. His eyes widened at the sight of the amount that was listed on the paper. Sean stood next to his brother and looked over. He looked at his parents, his mouth agape with shock.

"Who gave y'all this?"

"I don't know. But, it's enough to cover all of grandma's bills. God is so good."

Sean and Jared looked at each other in silence. They both felt a weight lifted off of their shoulders. It was hard for all of them to work on their bills when they were all just piling up one by one. It was hard for Sean to help out his family, because he wasn't getting paid as much due to his age. Which was why he worked more hours during the week. Most of his time after school wasa dedicated to working and then he could do whatever he wanted.

"I say we keep it." Jared shrugged.

"I agree," Sean spoke up.

"Me too." Jennifer nodded.

Allen stood in front of his family visibly torn. His ego was evidently damaged due to the fact that he couldn't financially take care of his family. He'd been working as a mechanic since Jennifer got pregnant with Jared. It was a promise that he made to her that he wouldn't take her out of her parents' house to put her in an even more shitty position. He clearly failed to keep his promise.

"Alright we'll keep it."

Clearly someone wanted them to have it. It had their names written on it.

Sean looked down at the check with confusion.

Who could've possibly left money on their porch?

-

The park was packed with kids and teenagers since the weather was now hot again.

Yazmin's laughs filled with fear was lou enough for the entire park to hear as she stood on the skateboard.

"If I fall you're gonna pay."