twenty two.

The sun was shining brightly- so bright, Yazmin could barely see what was in front of her

The sun was shining brightly- so bright, Yazmin could barely see what was in front of her. Although she couldn't really see, she was still able to beat Penny at a game of tennis.

Her short skort flowed as she moved from left to right. Her almond shaped eyes were attached to the ball and Penny's footing so intensely, she didn't think that she blinked once. Penny grunted and hit the ball over the net. Yazmin ran closer to the net to bump it over lightly, causing Penny to stumble forward. They went at it, tapping the ball lightly towards each other, waiting for either or to lose their footing.

Suddenly, Yazmin slammed the ball over Penny's head making her run for it.

"Ugh!" Penny shouted as the ball hit the corner of her side.

Yazmin smiled cheerfully and clapped for herself.

She'd been playing tennis since she was a kid and grew to be a pro at it. She beat anyone that wanted to challenge her except for her father. It was understandable given that he taught her everything that she knew.

But she made it her mission to learn things that he hadn't taught her just to be the wild card.

Just to have the upper hand.

Just to have the control in her own game that he never gave her in her personal life.

She wanted him to see that potential that she had.

"Make sure you're covering all your areas, Penn." Yazmin called out as she walked over to the table for shade.

"Whatever," Penny collapsed to the ground, sprawled out. "I am worn out."

"That was good. You need to focus more on your breath and not exert your speed. If you hadn't caught yourself in the middle of the game, Penny would've had you."

The teenage girl rolled her eyes at the sound of her fathers voice. He sat in front of her at the table with sunglasses on and a book between his hands.

He raised Yazmin to be good at everything and anything. She was in dance at some point, horse back riding, gymnastics, volleyball, cricket, figure skating, sewing, and martial arts. He wanted her to be strong in all aspects of her life. Her mother always said that, since he didn't get the boy that he wanted, he wanted to make sure that she was perfect. Better than any male or female, so that she wouldn't be behind. But behind that perfection was a broken child longing for some type of affection and acknowledgement from her parents. Yes, she was talented and could do almost everything with her eyes close. But, they didn't know her for who she truly was.

"I think I did pretty good."

"Yazmin, listen to your fathers advice. He's just trying to help." Her mother instructed.

Yazmin plopped onto the seat beside her mother and took a sip of the lemonade that the chefs had made for them. They were spending almost the whole day in the sun and needed some refreshers.