Chapter 13

3rd pov

Muzan came up with an excuse which was 'by mistakenly sleeping at the library' The parents thought he was telling the truth since he always visits the library, only when he doesn't feel satisfied with the books that are in his room, he goes to the library alone. Sometimes he also dozes off when reading.

'At least it paid off from the excuse I came up with' Muzan stared outside the window, missing his daughter and Kokushibo.

He still remembers the events that happened at the infinite castle and the thought of it made him blush hard.

Though he needs to find a replacement for Upper Six since they both died, it's a pity. If only Daki didn't become a demon then Gyutaro wouldn't have held back his strength.

Muzan felt bored staying in his room, it feels like there is nothing to do except reading.

He wants to visit Kokushibo and Haruka so much but he can't, he needs to wait for a few days then he can visit them.

Muzan sighs and walks out of his room and goes downstairs, he greets his parents who were talking to their previous friends and tells them where he was going. They didn't mind it anyway, just him being missing for weeks scared the hell out of them.

He walks to the streets which was not so popular then Asakusa, the place he always visits is Kanikuke, these streets are mostly visited by middle class people, even though Muzan is from first class but no one knows.

Kanikuke has simple traditional shops and libraries even restaurants. There are motels, small buildings and available jobs for people to take.

Though the thing for sure that was bothering his mind was that his body felt sore, even after the regeneration it didn't completely help him, Kokushibo went all out at him and yet he didn't mind the rough treatment.

He enters an old but traditional library, as he steps inside the store, he always greets the librarian. The librarian lady greeted him. "Ah..here again like always Mirai?" He simply nodded and went to the book section.

Muzan took a book he found interesting and bought it, he once left after paying for the book.

He walked back to his place then went to his room. At once he started reading the book. Though his mind always drifts off to Kokushibo and Haruka, he really did miss them already.

Hours passed as his concentration was between the book or them, he sighed in annoyance. 'I already want to leave this shit hell and go back to them... Seeing Haruka again has been the happiest of my life. I really had formed a father and daughter bond with her, huh? But...I wonder if he felt any connection about that day...' Muzan rolled his body, as he laid on the bed, the book kept beside him. He pairs over the balcony that lays open, the wind blowing the curtains as it enters his room.

The night was young and beautiful, winter has already come and the days will soon be cold and snowy.

It was the next day, Muzan laid on his bed lazily but also focused on Kokushibo, he wanted to check on him and his daughter, to make sure they were okay.

Kokushibo was teaching Haruka how to write properly, after sometime he was teaching her different kinds of stuffs. It was like they were having a father and daughter moment. This made Muzan flatter with emotions, he never felt. He watches over them as time goes by. But it surprised him that Kokushibo knew how to look after kids.

As he continued to watch them, Kokushibo slightly turned as if he felt like someone was watching them or he felt Muzan's gaze over him. Which was true, of course but this action took Muzan off guard. He stopped focusing on Kokushibo as he covered his face.

'What the hell...' Muzan sighed deeply as he stared at the ceiling, clearly shaocked from what just happened. He couldn't seem to reciprocate what that was, the way Kokushibo turned gave him a slight current. Maybe it was just the unexpected glance Kokushibo gave since he always had a cold and intimate aura.

■□■□■

Kokushibo's pov

That was an awfully weird feeling, was it my imagination? That was strange, it felt like Lord Muzan's gaze, maybe it really was my imagination but...forget it. It was nothing.

I stared down at Hikaru, she was fascinated by Kyokokukamusari, my katana. Her eyes brightening everytime. "Wahh....your katana is so pretty!" Her compliment made me crept a small smile "I appreciate the compliment, young one"

Her appearance and aura somewhat feels similar to Lord Muzan, well...it's his own blood and flesh anyway.

"..."

That day...I was very intimate to Lord Muzan, I lost control of myself. I should be ashamed of doing such deeds. That Blood Demon Art was truly a nightmare. A mere demon was able to weakened two strongest demon, are we getting weak? Are the Kizuki's getting weak...? I should not allow that, as the UpperMoon One, I should prevent such weakness in the Kizuki. Lord Muzan won't be happy having weak and pathetic demons under his gaze.

A tug, startled me from my thoughts. I looked down and saw Hikaru raising her hands. "What is it, young one?" She smiled, getting my attention. "Koku! Can I play with your hair? It looks fluffy and you have long hair!" She requested with her childish tone. I did a simple nod, allowing myself to sit down properly. Folding my legs together and untying my hair.

There she goes, standing up and walking behind me to play with my hair. Her small fingers are brushing through it.

These feel nostalgic...Oh, I remember now. I left my wife and kids centuries ago. Now that I think about it, I did leave my bloodline. I wonder, if I still have a descendant or not.

The sound of giggles and laughs covered the living room along with the morning noises of calming wind, birds singing and animals rustling the bushes with their stomping of grass and dirt.

Maybe...I will get used to the child's presence.

  ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Hi...?