Chapter 2

"Wake up Nikki!" An annoying voice said interrupting my dream about eating cupcakes with Ryan Gosling. I opened my eyes and saw the source of the annoying voice be none other than my brother hovering over my bed with a piece of toast in hand.

"What?" I snapped rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

"Mom said that you have to be ready in 20 minutes, we're heading to the beach while dad goes to a meeting." Jake answered with his mouth full.

I grabbed my phone off the table and saw that it was already noon which was shocking because I felt like I had just gone to bed a few minutes ago.

I flopped back onto the bed and sighed heavily. Realizing that I can't sleep forever I finally stumbled out of the bed and made my way into the bathroom to take a shower.

"Oh and I called Logan, then he told me to tell you that it's not Valerie." Jake yelled through the bathroom door.

I laughed lightly, Valerie was absolutely terrible and I would have hated to see her being Logan's mate.

After disrobing I stepped into the shower and a shiver went down my spine as the warm water hit me.

As I began to wash, my thoughts started racing as I thought of Logan finding his mate. The thought was a bit hard to swallow because for the longest time it's just been him and me, now there'll be a third party involved and I truly did want him to be happy and find his mate because that's the way of wolves and their mates complete them and provide them with comfort and whatever.

I sighed as I felt the water turn cold, I turned off the tap then stepped out of the shower, put on a robe then headed back to the room to my suitcase and pulled out a black shorts and a white crop top with my chucks and went back to the bathroom to get dressed.

I hated sharing a hotel room with Jake because I didn't have the same freedom I had back home in my own room and because Jake was messy, the sink had his hair all over and it looked disgusting.

I finally got dressed then left  the bathroom to find Jake standing in front of the mirror between our two beds combing his thick black hair, I went to stand next to him and began applying my make up after getting my makeup bag from the bed.

I looked at the two of us in the mirror and grinned, he saw me looking and gave me a wink. One can just see by looking at the two of us that we're not really related as I was adopted by his parents when I was six years old.

I had light brown hair and pale green eyes as well as caramel brown skin as a result of my apparent African American heritage while Jake was a olive skinned guy with sparkling blue eyes.

While I may be a year older than him, he towered over my 5'3 frame with at least a full 8 inches, stupid werewolf genes I thought bitterly.

The room door suddenly opened and in walked Viv Camden, my adoptive mom who looked stunning in a yellow sundress and her auburn hair in a french bun.

Viv and Noah had been nothing but loving and kind towards me since finding me in the forest 11 years ago, which is why I referred to them as "mom" and "dad" as they've been the only parents I have known since I don't remember mine at all.

"Aw, look at my babies" she cooed looking at Jake and I standing at the mirror, we both started making gagging sounds and stepped away from each other.

"Oh come on you two, make a mother happy and show each other some love" she said with her hands on her hips.

"Yeah, I'm gonna go downstairs now." Jake mumbled.

I rolled my eyes at him and called him a butt face which promoted him to call me "pint sized" .

I stuck out my tongue then flipped him off when mom wasn't looking, he winked then left the room.

My mom just shook her head, "You two really have a strange way of showing each other affection" she remarked.

"It's all love mother." I smiled.

"You spoke to Logan yet?" she asked taking a seat on my bed.

"Yes, I called him last night."

"Ah... Has he found her yet?"

"Nope" I answered busying myself with fixing my hair.

"I know you have a crush on and I just want you to know that-"

"I don't have a crush on Logan." I blurted effectively cutting her off.

"I'm your mother Nicole, I know it all."

I turned to look at her and sighed. "I know his going to have a mate and fall in love with her and stuff and I'm okay with it mom so can we please stop this awkward conversation and go to the beach?"

She shook her head but got up from the bed "Fine then, let's go."