"Fine..." I muttered, and let him lead me to our room.

I peered at him, and I had to say... Reid was a big, strong alpha, and an intimidating one at that, but this guy? The notorious Gambit in his full tactical gear that made him look even bigger and stronger? And taller, for some reason?

He noticed me looking, so he turned to me, his sharp, gleaming eyes meeting mine. I could almost feel his body radiating power and the rest of his adrenalin.

Fuck, I felt insignificant...

"All good?" he asked as we stopped behind our door.

"All good," I breathed out, but he lowered his head.

"You sure?" he murmured.

His hand was like hot iron on my arm, and I felt even smaller as he towered over me. I could feel his alpha's presence as they both studied us. My omega was timid, but not too scared. It was growing to like this alpha...

"I'm sure," I said. "I guess I got tired, after all..."

"It's been one hell of a night, huh...?" he asked while opening the door. "You really should sleep."

"Unless you want to tell me what happened?" I asked with a smirk.

"Nice try," he said, chuckling. "Captain ordered me to make sure you'll go to bed."

"And I will," I said and went to sit down on my bed. "See? I'm in my bed now."

He took a few steps closer to me. "You're supposed to sleep."

"No, no, no. No one said anything about sleep. I just need to be in bed," I said, trying not to smirk too widely.

Reid laughed and shook his head. "You stubborn little thing... Fine. I'll go take a quick shower, and if you're still up by the time I come back, I'll tell you what you want to know."

I gave him a smug smile and watched him leave the room, barely fitting through the doorway in his gear. Once he'd entered the showers, I lay down and made myself comfortable. I felt mischievously good about myself.

Too bad I actually fell asleep while waiting for Reid to come back.

*****

I woke up late in the morning, feeling groggy and still very tired. I guess I wasn't the only one. Reid was still in bed as well, but I couldn't tell if he was asleep. I listened carefully, but he wasn't making any sounds. While I was at it, my omega woke up and tried to figure out why I was paying so much attention to the alpha. It couldn't spot anything unusual, so it drifted back to sleep.

It was a weird feeling, really... That my omega was comfortable enough to sleep with an alpha in the same room. I couldn't remember if it had ever been calm enough to sleep, or let me sleep. Back in the old unit, it would constantly wake me up if someone moved in the room, and I'd shared it with nine other guys. It had been pure torture...

But last night, we couldn't calm down until the alphas had returned, and we'd peacefully slept through the night knowing they were close by... We didn't wake up even when Reid had returned from the shower. I couldn't really wrap my head around how easily my omega had decided to trust them. It had been only a week, after all... But it always trusted its instincts, and I trusted it.

And I so desperately wanted to trust these guys, this team. Foolish, maybe, but I needed it.

"Morning."

I froze for a brief second, and watched as Reid moved under his covers, stretching his body. So he'd been awake.

"Morning," I replied, sitting up. "What time is it?"