~21~

"We've got to stop the bleeding." Minho ripped at his shirt, tearing the bottom off.

Teresa crawled over to where I was sitting and pulled my trousers leg as far as it would go. I winced as the clothing brushed against my wound. Everyone gagged at the sight of it. "It's deep, worse than Winstons. She's gonna bleed out."

I looked down at my leg. There was a really deep bite, at least two or three inches deep. The flesh around it was swollen, and the bite itself was bleeding continuously.

"Well, what do you suggest we do? We're not doctors. " Newt rolled his  eyes.

"Oh real helpful Newt!" I snapped back.

"Both of you stop squabbling!" Minho half whispered."And keep your shuck voices down. Those things are still out there, and we dont need another human bite problem."

"Those things aren't human."

"Human bites are worse than animal bites." I gritted through the pain."Whatever those things are, they were human at one point."

"Well, you're the medjack. What do we do?" Newt asked.

"It needs to be stiched. Otherwise, I'll bleed out and die."

They all looked around at each other, unsure what to do.

Suddenly, Thomas fleed around the corner, out of breath. "What's going on?"

"She got bit badly." Minho explained."She's gonna bleed out."

"I think I found a first aid kit." Thomas pulled his backpack over his shoulder, digging around for a minute and pulled out a small, red first aid kit with a white cross in the middle.

"Is there a needle and thread?" Teresa asked.

"It's that bad?" Panic struck his face.

"Just hurry up so we can get this over with." I squeezed the top of my thigh to try and stop the blood flow.

Thomas rummaged inside and pulled out a small needle and thread. He held it in his hand, almost unsure what to do with it.

"I'll do it, I'm the only one who knows how to." I took the needle and thread, snapping off some thread and trying to thread it through the needle. My hands wouldn't stop shaking, and I kept missing "Fuck! I can't even thread it!"

Teresa grabbed them from me and threaded the needle in one go. "I think I can do it."

Minho pulled me onto his lap, twisting the material of his t-shirt and holding it up to my mouth. "Bite down on this, and try not to scream."

I reluctantly bit down on the fabric, hoping he couldn't hear how fast my heart was racing. Teresa looked at me with pity, taking my leg and readying the needle.

I looked away, then felt it peirce into my skin. I cried into the fabric, squeezing my eyes tight. Yet, the tears were still streaming down my face. Minho's firm hold around me was the only thing keeping me from writhing away.

Once she was finished, she snapped the thread and tied it, wrapping a bandage around it. Minho took the fabric out of my mouth, and I wiped the tears off my face.

"You did great." Teresa smiled wryly.

I pulled my trouser leg back down, hunching over and pulling my legs close to my chest.

"Come on, let's get some sleep." Minho attempted to draw the attention away from me, and everyone settled down to try and sleep.

I layed down on my good side, curling up the fetus position, holding chucks carving in my hand, and trying to sleep.