~39~

Without our masks, we received a few suspicious glances. Still, we kept our heads down. We had already gotten this far. There was no backing down now. Thomas suddenly stopped, and I saw what he was looking at.

Ava Paige.

He held his gun up to her. Then I noticed Janson, aiming for us.

"Thomas, no!" I pulled him back as the bullets fired at us.

I fired back as we ran through the facility, trying to throw him off. Once we lost him, we wasted no time finding Minho. Yelling his name in the hopes that he would respond and lead us to him.

We took cover from the gunshots, catching our breath back a little.

"Shit, I'm almost out." Thomas said.

If only we had more ammo. I spotted a guard lying on the floor and went over, taking what looked like some sort of grenade from his uniform. I clicked it, and it lit up.

"Get back." I pushed Thomas out of the way and threw it to where the wicked guards were. Bolts of electricity shot out from the grenade, electrocuting everyone within range of it.

We got up and got moving to find Minho again, only to run into another guard. "Stop right there!"

No weapons, no where to go. This was it. We were done for.

Someone came crashing out of nowhere, throwing the guard into the glass window. The glass shattered as he fell through. I could hardly believe my eyes; it was Minho.

Me and Thomas ran and hugged him. Finally, I felt relief. He was finally with us.

"Is this real?" He asked.

I laughed, smiling up at him.

"There they are!" Janson, accompanied by a bunch of guards, interrupted our short, happy moment.

"GO! Go!" Thomas yelled.

I followed Thomas as we ran, trying to get away. But there were guards coming from both sides.

"In here!" He opened a door, and we ran in before he locked it.

I looked around the room, realising there was no other way out. Sparks flew out by the door, followed by a metal on metal sounds. They were trying to break in, and we had no way out.

"Any ideas?" Minho said.

Thomas looked between both of us, with that look on his face. The look that said you aren't gonna like it "Maybe."

Minho and Thomas lifted a metal gas can and threw it at the glass window to break it. I looked down at the small pool of water below. The drop would be fatal if we hit the concrete floor.

"It's doable. We just need a bit of a running start." Thomas encouraged.

Me and Minho exchanged looks and stood either side of Thomas, preparing to jump.

"You sure about this?" Minho didn't seem too convinced with Thomas's idea. But what other choice did we have?

"Not really."

"Very reassuring Thomas." I brushed my hair behind my ears.

The door behind us swung open with a bang, and I caught a glimpse of Janson.

We all ran in unison towards the open window. I held my breath as I jumped over the ledge, the air smacking up at me as I plummeted towards the ground. As I hit the water, the pressure hurt my ears. I swam back up the the surface, sucking in a lungful of air.