CHAPTER 14

"There she is."

"What a freak."

"Her dad almost killed Hina's!"

The whispers and eyes were everywhere. Drilling their holes into Y/n's body.

She clenched the straps to her bag, 'Why are they staring? I haven't done anything...'

And within the midst of the crowd, was the almond eyed girl with a certain picture on her phone.

Akari smirked, 'My photoshop isn't that good, but these idiots will believe anything.' She pushes her smirk down and gasped.

"Ehhh?" She put her hand to her mouth, "No way!"

People then crowded around her, asking what it was. When she turned her phone around, a picture of Y/n with blood and a gun was plastered on the screen. The dead body in the picture was morbid and completely unrecognizable.

The students gasped.

"What the fuck!?"

"She's a monster!"

"She's no different from her dad."

"She's a murderer!"

Behind her hand, Akari grinned maniacally.

"Are you guys serious?" A handsome voice cut through, one the girls knew too well.

"Oikawa-Senpai!!" They squealed and gathered around him. "You wouldn't believe what that Kibutsuji is doing!" One girl said and shoved the picture in his face.

Oikawa scanned it, his eyebrows furrowing.

"It's real." Akari's voice piped up, "Such a shame, she seems nice too." Her innocent voice sounded almost contradicting to how she really felt.

"Mhm," Oikawa hummed and handed it back to Akari, "And how did you get that picture?"

Akari paled a little before answering easily, "I risked my life," she teared up, "Standing in the same room as that monster was horrifying. She almost caught me. That Kibutsuji is a danger to the city! I just want to protect us." A single tear went down her cheek. "Is that so bad?" Her voice cracked.

The students around Akari immediately started to comfort her.

"You're so brave!"

"I would've been so scared!"

Blah. Blah. Blah.

"I didn't think you were like this." Oikawa whispered, "I'm disappointed." His eyes turned directly to look into Akari's.

Her eyes widened a little, "Y-You don't believe me?" She walked towards him, the students making way for her.

"No." Oikawa said simply and turned on his her to walk away.

Akari grabbed his sleeve and puckered her bottom lip out, "I-It's real!"

"Yeah, and my goldfish is Doja Cat and can tap dance at night to a tango." He walked away.

Akari's black hair covered her face, casting a shadow on the upper half. Her hands clenched. 'Oikawa-Senpai has never talked to me like that... it's all because of her.'