CHAPTER 9

Y/n was laying in bed, totally minding her business and not eavesdropping... Sike.

What can she say? She's a curious girl and seeing that her fathers biggest rival is in their house couldn't be for a visit. So there she was, hiding behind a corner that was just near the living room where every was at. She was in a weird position, as she knew the two gangs could sense anyone.

"What is it you wanted to talk to us about?" Kagaya smiled softly at Muzan.

Muzan's red eyes sharpened and he closed his eyes, "Someone has been sabotaging my daughters reputation." That one sentence caused gasps to erupt from the Demons and quirked eyebrows from the Hashiras. "Rui told me about it. It has been spreading so far that elementary schools are hearing word of it."

"And what have they been saying?!" Daki shrieked and leaned forward in her chair.

Muzan opened his eyes showing some sorrow in them, "Some saying they would injure her. Others calling her names and insulting her existence."

Y/n's eyes widened, 'Did I really cause all that trouble within a couple days at school?' Her lips turned to a thin line, 'But I have an idea who it is.' Her mind immediately went to Akari.

"What?! Who would dare say that?!" Gyokko stood up from his seat and Muzan immediately put his hand up. Gyokko sat down and huffed.

"That's why I asked the Hashiras here." Muzan shifted his gaze to a certain black haired boy with a white mask. "I've heard that one of you is a hacker."

"No." Obanai said without missing a beat.

Kagaya chuckled softly, "Now, my child, let's give him a chance. It is his daughter and my niece."

"She's not your niece, Kagaya."

"Yes, she's my wonderful niece."

"No-"

"Do you want my help or not?" Kagaya kept his soft smile but it twitched upward a little, knowing he had won the argument.

Muzan pinched the bridge of his nose, "Fine, help your niece."

"Obanai, would you help them?" Kagaya turned his head to face the serpent boy.

Obanai's different colored eyes narrowed. He sighed in annoyance, "Fine."

"Wonderful. Obanai, you will come here for a couple days in order to figure it out, alright?"

The boy scoffed, "Fine. I'm guessing you want me to go talk to her too?" Obanai laughed bitterly.

Kagaya let out a knowing smile.

Obanai's eyes widened, "No."

"We'll discuss further details out here. Go talk to her, I'm sure she's lonely in her room."

Obanai sighed and got up from his spot next to his crush, Mitsuri Kanroji. She smiled at Obanai.

"You got this, Iguro-San!" She cheered and he blushed a little.

He nodded to her and walked around the corner-

Stare.

Y/n started to sweat and she made a face that almost made Obanai chuckle.

They stared at each other for some time before she got up from her odd position and gestured him to follow her, "Uhm, my room's this way."

The awkward silence was too much for Y/n to bare while they entered her room. Though she didn't notice Obanai's eyes wandering around her room and different pictures she had on the walls.