CHAPTER 3

Y/n was in class once again. Thinking of the new friend she made at lunch, she couldn't stop smiling. The flower was in her hand as she looked at it longingly.

'I'll put it in my room!' She beamed.

"Kibutsuji-San," the teacher called, making Y/n jump, "Read the next sentence in English, please."

Y/n slowly stood up and started to sweat. She didn't pay attention!

"Page 34." She heard a gruff voice whisper. She glanced to her left and saw the bumblebee boy pointing to his book.

She nodded with a small smile as a thanks and started to read. Her English was flawless... though the only reason being was because her father had members that were American.

"Hm," the teacher hummed and called on the next student.

Y/n sighed in relief and felt fingers brush against her hand. She looked down and noticed a paper being held by the bumblebee boy. She took it and opened it, once she read it, she blushed a little in embarrassment.

Pay attention, I won't save you every time.

She locked her ruby eyes with his brown ones and laughed nervously, "Sorry..." She whispered.

He grunted in response and turned back to his book. He didn't seem the type to read in Y/n's eyes, but looks can be deceiving.

She stared at the paper for a bit before taking her pencil and scribbling words on it and passing it to the boy.

What's your name?

He glanced at the girl and wrote his answer down. He passed it to her and assumed that it was the end of the "conversation".

Kyotani Kentaro

She wrote down her reply and gave it back to him. And that simple action caused the rest of the class period to be filled with note passing and silent giggles from Y/n, and grunts from Kyotani.

When I first saw you, I thought you looked like a bumblebee

That's weird

How so?

I look nothing like a bumblebee.

Your hair has stripes and you grunt, which is kind of like buzzing in a way!

Whatever.

What do you do for a hobby?

I play volleyball

I met a guy today that is the vice captain of the volleyball team, do you know him?

Yeah, it's Iwaizumi.

Yup! Are you two friends?

No, he's my rival.

But he's so nice?

Meh. Come to practice in the gym after school.

And that was the end of the note passing. It left Y/n confused, but it was another opportunity to make a friend. And despite his scary appearance, Kyotani was easy to talk to. She felt comfortable passing notes to him and showing her true self, to which he responded with more than one word. And that was enough for her.

Once the bell rang, Kyotani immediately got up and headed straight to the door. Y/n waited a bit before getting up and packing her stuff into her bag. She put the flower back in her hair and walked out.

'I'm sure dad wouldn't mind if I stayed a little bit after school.' She thought as she walked down the hallway to the gym. 'I should text him though.'