21

"Remember Allie, be home before 3, I wanna hit the road before all the traffic starts. You still gotta help me load our suitcases." My mom says to me as I was getting ready for school.

"Mom, we're staying for 3 days not 3 weeks." I say to her and roll my eyes. She looks at me disapprovingly. "You don't think I know that? You still have to help me missy. Because I am your mother. Now go before you're late to school." My mom says to me and I huff.

School wasn't that bad today, I told Cameron that I was going to see Jeremiah play football, and that I'd be gone all weekend.

He told me to wish Jeremiah luck and to send him snaps of his playing. Or any live updates I can do.

I told a few of my other friends I had made this semester.

Once I got home I helped my mom pack everything and we headed off to Finch University which was about an hour or two from Cousins beach.

The ride was fine, my mom and I bumped to some party music like Regard, Diplo, Jacks Jones. Just so my mom could stay hyped while she drove.

We stopped to eat an hour in and we were beginning to see some college kids. We knew we were getting close.

Once we finally arrived, we stayed at a nearby hotel room that was cheap. Jeremiah's game was actually on Saturday, but his depute practice game was tonight.

My mom and I quickly checked into our room
And put all our belongings into there as well.

We then walked to the university and got to the stadium. We walked through the crowd and there were a decent amount of people who showed up just to see these guys practicing for tomorrow.

Some random girls put up signs that had Jeremiah's jersey number.

"We should of got a sign for Jere." My mom whispers to me and I shrug.

I would of been too embarrassed to do one anyways..

We eventfully found Steven, Belly and Laurel sitting down directly across from Jeremiah and his team.

We took our seats behind them, and of course they saw us. Belly screeched when she saw me smiling.

"Allie! You're here finally! Jeremiah and Steven have been bullying me all week. How's everything with Conrad too? Did he finally remember your birthday?" She asks me questions and I laugh.

"Uh, first of all, Steven! Don't bully Belly, secondly it's going good! He got me this necklace and on the back has Conrad's name as well." I say to her smiling and Steven rolls his eyes at my attempt to stop him from being mean to his sister.

"Guys, the game is starting!" My mom says as she makes all of us including Laurel to pay attention to the practice.

I could immediately see Jeremiah. The quarterback is kind of hard to miss anyways.

As soon as he hiked the ball he gets blitzed and sacked. I could hear my mom yelling at the offense because they should of guarded him better. It was true, that could of easily been avoided if the players saw it sooner.

The first half of the game was the same way. Towards the end of the first half he threw a pick six, which means he threw it to the other team and they ran it in for a touchdown for themselves.

Some people were booing him but I knew he was more frustrated with himself. I felt bad for him, I think he was just nervous. My mom kept saying how it will be okay because it's just a practice. Laurel thinks it will be even worse tomorrow since they would be versing a real team.

I had faith in Jeremiah though, because if anyone knew Jeremiah well enough it was me. I knew my best friend could pull it off

Once the 2nd half started he was playing a little better after every play. He got his team all the way to first and goal. My mom was standing up at this point and I even got up when he was just inches away with scoring the touchdown. He kept staying in the pocket, and we all knew that he could run it in.