“I thought you left me…” My voice cracked and my lip started to tremble as I sniffed.

“No, no.. I was just… resting my eyes.” He started to close his eyes again and he was looking paler by the second. I had to get him out of here fast to get help.

The explosives!

“We have to hurry and get out of here. Are you in a lot of pain? Can you move?” I was afraid to even try and move him in case I worsened his condition.

“It hurts like a bitch.” Nicholas  grunted and clenched his jaw. That meant it was really bad. He was the type of person who could endure a lot of pain, and this meant it was critical.

I helped him to get on his feet when the sound of footsteps running toward us made me look up.

“Thank God it’s you.” I breathed out when I saw it was Giovanni. There was no time to be fighting off Geotano’s men in here when the whole thing was about to blow up. I would rather not have our bodies blown up into pieces and splattered all over the place.

“Shit, are you okay?” Giovanni looked at us, assessing our injuries.

“We’re okay. Gio, Asher  is still down there. He got shot and needs help.” I told him. Giovanni was also injured, and bleeding from the side of his head, but he was still well enough to be able to help.

“No, you need help.” Giovanni frowned when he saw Nicholas's condition.

“Giovanni, we don’t have time! Go help Asher , now!” I shouted, ordering him to get going but he still didn’t listen and stepped towards us.

“I will pull the rank card if you don’t go.” I gave him one hell of a look and Giovanni have me one disapproving scowl but he finally got going.

“That’s my Donna.” Nicholas half chuckled as I helped him to his feet. He wrapped an arm around my shoulders, leaning on me for support and I had to use my entire strength to keep us both upright.

“Have I ever told you how hot you look when you’re angry?”

“Nicholas, this really isn’t the time nor the place to be saying such things.” I was already breathing hard, struggling to keep his weight on me as we made our way to the exit.

“Sure is.”

“Did you hit your head or something? Because you’re not thinking straight.”

“I’m thinking about my wife’s pussy like I always do. I would say my head is just fine.”

“Ohhh My Godddd… Is the pain making you high? Nevermind. Stop talking and keep walking, you’re heavy!” If I wasn’t busy dragging him with me, I would have been embarrassed by how he talked.

“All muscles, baby.” He lightly chuckled. I shook my head and focused on getting out.

I was panting, my body aching and sweating when we finally  got out of the building with Giovanni and Asher  close behind. Outside was even more chaotic. Shouting, gunshots, cars on fire, and dead bodies on the ground.

It was a literal warzone we had stepped out to.

I looked around, seeing Nicholas’s men had the upper hand and it appeared to be under control. There were so many armed men present, some I recognized and some I didn’t.

My eyes landed on a group of men, standing in a semi-circle, guarding someone. My eyes went down, seeing Tessa’s father on the ground, beaten and tied up.

“Did you catch Geotano too?” I asked Nicholas, feeling hopeful that this nightmare was ending.

“No. The bastard is hiding like the coward he is, and let his brother out in the open.” Nicholas  groaned. I looked at him, seeing his condition has worsened.