67

Nicholas

“How come you want to train me all of sudden?” Elsa  asked as I drove.

“It’s just that you didn’t seem too happy about when Arianna wanted to train me.”

“I know. At the time, Arianna had pointed out it would be for the best to train you after the night of the auction. I didn’t want to realize it back then, thinking I would be able to protect you at all times….” I frowned as I remembered back to it, seeing her covered in blood and looking completely lost.

“I had to come to terms with I wouldn’t be able to control everything. And she was right. If I train you, at least I will know you would be able to defend yourself and stand a chance.” I said.

That night when I found her in the woods haunted me for weeks. The way her body fell limp against my body, and the blood that kept flowing from between her legs had me freeze on the spot for the first time in my life.

It all felt too familiar.

The way Sienna had died in my arms, and now I had Elsa  in my arms, fearing she wouldn’t come back to me. She got pale almost instantly. No color was present except for the blood on her hands after killing one of them. I held her tightly into me, refusing to let go of her or let anyone else near her as I continued to shake her awake. But her eyes remained closed.

The only thing that kept me somewhat sane was when I felt her pulse.

I got pulled out of my thoughts when Elsa took my hand off the steering wheel, not realizing how I was clenching tightly around it. She smiled beautifully and held my hand in hers, caressing it. With one look at her, I immediately relaxed and it was as if she knew while she continued to lightly caress my hand.

“Thank you.” She said. I took her hand and placed a kiss.

“But it doesn’t mean you can do stupid shit just because I’ve decided to train you.” I told firmly to her.

“But how else would I show off my new skills then?” She grinned.

“Elsa.” I warned.

“I’m just kidding.” She laughed.

“… For now.” I glanced at her, seeing her continue to snicker for herself. I shook my head at her in amusement.

This woman was truly something else.

I continued to drive for a while as I had another surprise for her. I wanted to show her what she had praised and talked highly about when she met Mr. Roberts. I glance at Elsa , seeing her looking curiously out of the window as soon as we drove onto a dirt path.

“Is this your vineyard?!” She gasped excitedly, taking a quick glance at me before sticking her head out of the window to look at the rows of grape vines