78

Nicholas

“This is what we have found so far.” Ava rolled out a map on the table. Everyone had been gathered to the manor once Ava and Josh had something useful for us to be able to lay out a new plan.

“Based on the information given, they can’t be more than two hours away in fly time. We have narrowed it down to this.” She drew a circle around the area and I frowned. It was still a large area and it would take us too much time to pin down exactly where Geotano was hiding.

“But our theory is they have to be closer to this area.” She drew another circle within the circle, but this time it was smaller.

“Your reason?” I asked.

“The type of helicopter they’re using can’t fly more than five hours at a time, and since this is not a helicopter that can refuel midair, they have to go to the fuel station. Which is two and a half hours away. But we don’t want to rule out the area completely.” Josh explained.

“They could already have a truck ready to fill up.” Logan  pointed out.

“It’s possible to have a truck ready to refuel, but I doubt Geotano would take the chances of having one there because it’s one large truck. In case we managed to follow him, the helicopter flying away and the truck being on its way would  everything carefully and assessed every possibility.

We couldn’t afford to have our plans fail and I needed it to be bulletproof. Time was ticking and we had no idea if Elsa and Tessa  were okay. The thought of them being hurt triggered my anger even more, but I had to stay calm.

I was saving my wrath for Geotano.

“How confident are you about it?” I needed them all to be entirely sure. I couldn’t risk them being wrong and wasting time on it, and we definitely couldn’t afford to underestimate Geotano once again.

“It’s the only explanation. Plus, the radar system did show they flew around this area. Now, we just need to find where exactly. It will be easy enough since we have managed to narrow it down.” Josh said.

“Good.” I nodded.

The discussions went on as we laid out a plan. While we could be prepared for the worst, Geotano would still have the advantage as we still didn’t know where he was and he definitely had traps set up around the area. I had the manpower and weapons to take him down, but the lack of information about the building was a great disadvantage for us as we couldn’t plan how to navigate around and find Elsa ans Tessa. He would be able to take us by surprise again if we weren’t careful.

“We will do our best to find it by satellite but it will take some time.” Ava replied.

“In the meantime, everyone, go get some rest and prepare  yourselves.” I told them. Everyone stopped moving when the landline phone on my desk began to ring. I stared at it and let it ring a few times before hitting the speaker.

“Speak.”

“I see you made it alive. What a shame.” The tension in the room raised at the sound of Geotano’s voice. My hands clenched into fists on the table at the sound of his laughter. I closed my eyes for a second, forcing my body into a Cold Zero. I couldn’t let my emotions control me and I needed my head to be clear. He had my wife at his mercy. The one person that truly mattered to me. But I had to shove every single one of those thoughts away and deal with him the way I knew best.

Painting the city fucking red with his blood.

“Let’s cut the crap and name your demands.” I leaned on the desk, facing my men. They all listened intently, staring daggers at the phone.