5

Elsa

"Leave her out of this." My father said with a furious look on his face.

"Why should I? You're the one hiding her, Geotano." Nicholas challenged him with a smirk on his lips.

"She has nothing to do with anything!" My father yelled at him.

"Now, now." Nicholas chuckled a little, completely unfazed.

"I'll be the judge of that." He pulled me in front of him. I felt like I was like facing The Devil himself as I looked at his grayish blue eyes that looked so deadly right now. He leaned in, his face was so close to mine that if I moved, we would bump heads. I gulped as I looked at him with wide eyes, scared of what he might do to me.

"We'll have a little chat together soon, okay?" His eyes looked intently into mine as he ran a thumb along my jaw.

I couldn't talk.

I couldn't even breathe.

I just stared at him wide-eyed while my heart was beating like crazy. What was I supposed to say anyway? Tea or coffee? I was pretty sure he preferred blood.

And I could only hope it was not mine he was after.

He leaned back, winked at me, and turned to walk away. I let out a breath and my weak legs finally gave up under me, making me stumble ,arms wrapped around me before I could hit the ground. I turned around to see Asher had managed to grab me in time.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt somewhere?" He frantically asked as he looked around at my face. Instead of answering him, I looked around, confused as to what just had happened. Just then I noticed how both Nicholas's men and my father's men had their guns drawn out but were slowly tucking them away when nothing happened. But they were still cautious, sizing each other up.

"Elsa!" Asher called my name sternly. I whipped my head to face him again, he looked me in the eyes waiting for an answer. He looked so serious and it made me quickly answer him.

"I'm okay." My voice was barely audible. Physically, I was pretty much okay. Mentally? Like what ai witnessed just now!! I probably needed to talk to a therapist and tell them that I had just met The Devil himself and that I was probably going to be traumatized for life.

"Asher, take Elsa to my office." Asher didn't hesitate one bit and pulled me closer to him and started to walk back to the mansion. I was slowly coming out of my daze when I realized that Asher was walking fast and was practically carrying me inside.

Damn, he is strong too. Nice.

"You can let me walk now, I'm okay," I reassured him when we got inside the mansion. He loosened his grip on me a little but he was still holding me close and led the way to my father's office.

In my father's classic office I plopped down on the couch and started to slightly massage my temples as I felt a headache coming through. My thoughts were not helping one bit as they were running a thousand miles per second. What in the world just happened there? One moment we were shaking hands and the next people are trying to shoot each other. It gave me a friendly reminder of who these people truly are.

Asher went to the minibar that was incorporated into the wall and took out a water bottle. He sat on the coffee table in front of me as he handed me the bottle.

"Thanks." "I gave him a small smile and took a big sip.

"You good?" He leaned forward a bit and rested his forearms on his thighs.

"Yeah, I'm good. I'm just so confused right now." I groaned and leaned back on the couch. Before Asher could say anything back, the door opened, and my father walked in. Both Asher and I stood up and watched him as he walked to the front of his desk. He leaned against it as he faced me with a furious expression on his face.