9

Elsa

"Do you think they are okay?" I asked for the hundredth-time to our driver whose name I had come to learn to be Dario. The poor guy was stuck in the car with me, and I kept asking questions and wouldn't shut up. He never showed any annoyance towards me though and kept reassuring me that no one got hurt and everyone was safe. But somehow his words were not comforting me the way I had hoped for.

"Elsa, please shut up and leave Dario alone. He said they were okay, so hush!"Tessa scolded and I clamped my mouth shut.

We had been driving for a while now, and I had no sense of time at the moment. I was too worried and kept thinking about if someone got shot and died. Did my father get shot? Nicholas? He was the one risking his life to make sure I got out of there safe, and I couldnstop wondering if he made it out okay.

I kept checking my phone to see if I got any messages. I texted Asher a while ago to see if he had heard from my father, but he still hadn't texted me back. I sighed and leaned back in the seat, staring out of the window with the hopes of getting to think about something else. My phone buzzed in my hand, and I quickly looked down at my phone to see Asher finally had replied.

Asher: I just talked to him. He told me what happened. Shit, elsa,
are you okay?

I breathed out a sigh of relief and texted him back.

Elsa: Thank God! Yes, we are okay and safe. We are on our way to the donavan's.

Asher: Okay, stay safe.

I smiled and locked my phone and my shoulders sagged in relief. Finally, I felt like I could relax.

"See, we told you they were okay. You have to remember they know what they are doing. It's not the first time a similar situation has happened." Tessa said while playing a game on her phone. If there was one thing I had come to admire about Tessa , was the fact how quickly she could recover from literally anything. If you took a look at her now, you wouldn't know that she had just been in the middle of a drive-by shooting. I, on the other hand, was shocked and scared for a while but then I started to worry for the others.

"Well, sorry for worrying. It's not exactly an everyday thing for me." I said sarcastically.

"Right... Or is it someone particular you're worried about?" She looked up from her phone and wiggled her brows at me. I rolled my eyes and ignored her. I turned to look out of the window, feeling my cheeks heating up slightly. I finally took the time to appreciate the amazing nature we were driving by. Beautiful, bright green fields with tall grass and big, tall trees with green leaves. The sun was shining brightly in the clear blue sky, creating a truly majestic view.

"Holy shit." Tessa suddenly erupted. I looked over at her and found her looking straight ahead. I moved a little to see what had caught her eye. My eyes widened at the sight in front of me. At the very end of the road was the biggest house I had ever seen. It might as well be a freaking castle! I turned to look at Tessa and she looked at me with her mouth slightly open.

"I guess me getting married is suddenly not so bad if it means I will stay in that." We burst out laughing at her comment, and I even saw Dario crack a little smile at her comment.

The car slowed down as we neared the big gates of the manor. The gates opened and we drove into a big round driveway with a large granite fountain with water shooting out of gigantic lion heads. Dario stopped right in front of the manor where an older lady and a young woman were waiting for us. Based on their outfits, I assumed they were housekeepers.