50

Elsa

I woke up alone in the room and had been staring blankly at the ceiling ever since. The little light that came from above the curtains let me know the sun was shining brightly today. Normally, such weather would get me in a better mood. But now, I couldn't help but just think about what was the point of it all when my world was ripped to pieces.
My thoughts were in chaos. Not once giving me a break and I was constantly having a headache as I tried to direct my thoughts to something else. But the dark side always won. I felt like I had been swallowed by a black hole and it was mercilessly shredding me into tiny pieces. I couldn't piece. myself together, or even find a way out no matter how hard I tried. It was becoming too much for me.
I had to go. Find a way to clear my mind. So much had happened and I had so many questions and so much rage inside of me. I wanted to do something. Something to be able to get to the bottom of this. I have never felt like this before. It was an unfamiliar feeling that kept burning at the pit of my stomach, wanting to avenge my mother in some way, desperate to see blood being spilled for whoever had been after us.
But at the same time, this wasn't who I was.
I was not the type of person who kills. Never have I ever had the feeling of wanting to kill someone. And now, I have taken a life. It had me fucked up, yet at the same time, it wasn't enough.
This world...was undeniably too dark and cruel as I have been warned about over and over again.
I just didn't expect to be going through something like this.
To witness my mother's death. My heart couldn't bear thinking about it, and the episode kept going like a constant replay in my mind. And the blood that streamed down my bare legs...
I showed that image away and I looked at the side of the bed where Nicholas normally would be sleeping. It didn't look like he slept next to me. His side was cold and it was still as neat as it could be but I didn't have the energy to be thinking about where he had been if he didn't spend the night here. I let out a sigh and finally dragged myself out of bed and made my way to the bathroom.
I looked in the mirror, seeing how my appearance was a tad better than it was when I first saw myself. My body was still discolored and the bruises were turning more yellowish. The dark bags under my eyes were still as dark as they could be, and my face was also still lost in color. I truly looked like a ghost, who was still wandering around on earth and hadn't found the light yet to cross over to the other side. Not only was I feeling miserable on the inside, but I also Hooked like it.

I took a shower and rummaged through some of Nicholas's clothes to get dressed, but everything was way too big for me and I just ended up wearing one of his t-shirts. I didn't have any of my own clothes with me and I think the clothes I had worn at the funeral were either Tessa's or Arianna's. I would normally ask for some clothes to borrow, but I didn't feel like facing anyone today. The looks they would give me when they saw me were a constant reminder, and I felt suffocated. I wanted to be alone to try and figure out what to do with myself.
Not wanting to leave the room today, I went to the windows and opened the curtains to get a peek outside. Not much was happening in the backyard. Only a few of Nicholas's men were out there and walking around, making me wonder if it was for security purposes. As 'looked around, I noticed Logan standing slightly to the side, almost out of my view, looking distressed. He was talking to someone but I couldn't see who it was, but whatever the conversation was about, he was not looking happy at all about it. I could open the balcony doors and step out to see what was going on. But frankly, I just didn't care about anything at all. It was as if he felt I was looking at him when his eyes suddenly flew up to mine. I took a step back and closed the curtains again to avoid any sad looks. I went back to the bed and lay down, staring at the ceiling once again.

Shortly after there was a knock on the door before it opened. I turned my head slightly to the side to see who it was before resuming my staring at the ceiling again when I saw it was Arianna. I heard her take a couple of steps inside the room but she didn't say anything, leaving us in complete silence. She let out a sigh after a while.
"You wanted to leave?" Her words got my attention. I turned to look at her and sat up on the bed.
I wanted to leave but where was I supposed to go? It looked like she hesitated a little before she spoke again.
"I have prepared a safe-house for you to stay in. Where you can be alone." Arianna explained.
I swallowed hard and my heart started to beat fast at her words, thinking I heard wrong.
"...I can leave?"
"That's what you wanted, right?" She almost snapped at me.
I couldn't tell if she was mad about it or if it was something else with the way she was speaking but I ignored it.
"Do I go now?" I asked.
For the first time, my voice sounded hopeful. Arianna kind of had a disapproving look on her face but it was short-lived before she nodded. "If that's what you want, I can take you there now. I've got some clothes for you to wear." She handed me a small bag that I hadn't noticed was in her hand.
Once she left the room, I changed into the clothes before making my way downstairs.
"Elsa?" Tessa's voice stopped me before I could make it outside. I turned around to face her.
"You're leaving?" Tessa asked. Her words made my stomach knot and a lump formed in my throat with the way she was looking at me.
"...just have to be alone for a bit." I muttered to her and she bit down on her lips as her eyes glistened.
"I understand... Take care of yourself." She embraced me in a tight hug and this time, I hugged her back just as tightly before saying goodbye.