Chapter 11: Angel?

Start from the beginning

Luckily it seemed that Han Jea/Nania had not mentioned no professor or had not inspected Elliot.

"I let Elliot stay the night with my wife and me because it seemed the child did not want to go to bed" (Damien, said)

'I wanted to know what Han Jea/Nania would do, I wanted to see if she was being sincere, and had gotten my answer the moment I realized it' (Damien's inner thoughts)

'Seeing Elliot like that there was no way I wouldn't say no' (Damien's inner thoughts)

Luckily it seemed that Han Jea/Nania had not mentioned no professor or had not inspected Elliot.

But the thought of him reprehending her pissed her off.

'Clench'

She clenched her fist and raised her voice as if accused.

"Grand Duke I was merely following the etiquette, I thought it was important to teach young master Elliot etiquette since young" (Zoa, said)

"Besides I thought the Grand Duke would agree that it was important for the young master to learn to follow etiquette" (Zoa, said)

"I didn't want to change the menu because he's still growing so I made sure he ate green, my mother always told me to eat vegetables how could I not follow her teachings?" (Zoa, asked)

Zoa raised her voice putting her mother into the equation making Damien flinch, yet she continued to add fuel to the fire.

"Grand Duke it was my misinterpretation for getting it wrong. I thought you did not get well with the Duchess since she was sent by the emperor how could I not be on guard to protect my master and my young master? My mother would have wanted me to protect her loved ones" (Zoa, said)

"My only sin was not knowing that the Grand Duke and the Grand Duchess got along, my sin was for following my mother's wishes" (Zoa, said)

'Drop, Drop'

She began to cry as fake tears began to run down her cheeks acting so hurt and as if she was the real victim here.

'Drop, Drop'

Crying.

"Please don't kick me out Your Highness I was only doing what my mother thought would be right, please let me stay here, I will change my ways" (Zoa, said)

"I will get along with the Duchess and pay more attention to young master Elliot" (Zoa, said)

'Drop, Drop'

Crying

"Please, Please" (Zoa, said)

"If my dead mother knew that I had no place, if she knew that I couldn't be strong enough to protect the ones she loved then why is it worth living for?" (Zoa, asked)

"...." (Damien)

'It's even uglier when it cries' (Damien's inner thoughts)

Damien couldn't help to feel repulsed by her but so far only two incidents had been reported and if Han Jea/Nania was there he was sure this time she'd fire her on the spot.

He had to just talk to Han Jea/Nania first but this was the last straw he was going to let this woman with.

It was the last thank you for taking care of him and serving the Reynolds family that her mother had dedicated so much, and died for.

As far as he knew Zoa had taken care of Elliot as if he was her own child providing Elliot with a great education.

For Elliot, a small child maintained good dignity to be worthy of the next Duke whenever Damien would watch from a distance when he had a break or a chance to bump into Elliot.