Chapter forty-eight

Start from the beginning

We all piled into the limo. I sat next to jack, he placed a grip on my thigh. I leaned my head on his shoulder.

When we arrived at prom, Jack and I made our entrance. Taking our school "prom" photo. Before following our friends inside, and finding our table.

We had to eat first, I don't know why. But we just did, I didn't mind because I was hungry. The table made small conversation with one another.

I stayed slightly quiet, laughing every so often or commenting. But nothing really, I stuck to my own thoughts.

I pictured this night perfect, although it's been amazing. My stomach it aches, and I'm worried. I just feel as if something bad was going to happen.

A song came on' a very danceable one. I pulled jack up, and rushed him through everyone.

"Woah Blair! I can not dance" he laughed, shaking his head trying to pull away.

I shook my head.

"Just shut up and dance with me" I laughed, he sighed in defeat.

It wasn't just us that danced, the whole group was dancing with one another.

Finally it was a slow song, Jack placed his hand out. As i took it, he pulled me closer. We got into a dancing position.

"Blair do you still love me?" He asked.

I looked up at him in shock.

"Yeah I do" I nodded.

"Blair I love you so much" he said, looking into my eye.

"Jack you cannot just say that" I scoff.

"That doesn't make anything you did better" I say, shaking my head.

"Blair do not do this, you know I miss you" he said, shaking his head.

"Do not tell me that. Because if it wasn't for the police I would be Tilly right now" I gritted my teeth, and wiped away the tears.

"Now announcing prom king and queen" Mr. Lines yelled.

We all gathered around the stage, as the envelope was handed in. He took one look, and squinted. Once he realized the names' or people. His smile grew wide, and he leaned towards the microphone.

"Jack Gilinsky and Blair Porter" he announced.

I let out a laugh, blocking my cries. I didn't look at Jack. I smiled at Nat, and the boys before walking on stage. They set the crowns on Jack and I's head.

"Now it's time for Blair and Jack to have their dance together" he announced to us.

Jack and I locked arms, walking off stage and towards the center of the floor.

"Do you really not want to be together?" Jack asked, I saw his eyes.

His brown eyes, that are my favorite thing about him. They were full of hurt.

"Jack don't do this. Not here and not now" I shake my head.

The song ended, making Jack and I end our dance. With out a word I walk towards the group.

"I think I'm going go home" i say wiping my tear.

They all looked around and then at me.

"Why? We'll come with you" Nash said.

I shook my head, sucking in my tears. Before letting out a sob, and looking at Jack.

"No. You guys have fun. I'll see you guys tomorrow" I say, before running off.

I walked towards the field, taking off my heels. I sat on the bleachers, and looked a head at the field.

"Blair, I'm not trying to hurt you" I heard Jack say, he sat down.

"Why don't you want to be together?" He asked.

"Because Jack, isn't it obvious that we aren't meant to be" I yell, sobbing.

"Just being everyone wants us to be together and despite our feelings. We aren't meant to be together" I sob.

"Why? Why Blair why aren't we" he yelled.

I got up and looked at him.

"It's obvious to everyone else" I spat, before walking away and across the field.

I'd be lying if I say I didn't almost cry and feel their pain. Anyways one more chapter, and then the epilogue. I might take a week off or so. But don't worry they'll be up.