Chapter 47: Worthy

Start from the beginning

"Whoa, looks like Uncle Qrow's actually taking this seriously," Yang exclaimed in surprise. She had seen her uncle use his scythe before and, as good as Ruby was, she was a candle compared to an inferno when it came to Qrow's skill.

Smirking, Qrow spun his scythe into a ready position. "Let's spice things up, shall we?"

"You read my mind," Sincline replied. His thrusters flared, and he burst forward. He swung a sword, and the air in front of him exploded in a burst of Quintessence, a trio of gleaming scimitars forming and shooting toward Qrow.

Eyes widening briefly in surprise, Qrow spun his scythe, creating a whirling shield of death and knocking the scimitars off course. Halting his weapon mid spin, he twisted, using its momentum to meet Sincline's strike with one of his own. An eruption of sparks, and a shockwave ripped through the stadium.

Gliding backward, Sincline deflected a swing at his head and countered with one of his own, but Qrow deflected, spinning his scythe over his head and delivering a whirlwind of attacks, forcing Sincline back.

Sincline sidestepped, dodging a swing toward his hip, and deflected a blow at his shoulder. Spotting an opening, he spun, and his tail slammed into Qrow's torso, unleashing an Ion blast from the tip to increase the damage as he sent Qrow flying, his Aura dropping to 76.

Planting his scythe into the ground, Qrow swung himself back around and shot forward, his scythe hissing toward Sincline's shoulder. Sincline crossed his swords and intercepted. Sparks flying, he shot backward, a spray of Dust pellets shattering on his armor as Qrow charged after him.

Unleashing a pair of slashing attacks and deflecting a blow at his back, Qrow spun, swinging his scythe toward Sincline's shoulder. As the mech-turned-human deflected the attack, Qrow lashed out, Sparta-kicking Sincline backward and causing him to skid back, his Aura dropping to 95.

Here we go, Sincline thought and spread his swords as Qrow charged toward him. Qrow was learning his style and, given time, he was sure to score a win.

Jumping into the air, Qrow spun, his scythe slashing down toward Sincline. Sincline opened a rift and vanished while Qrow's scythe slammed into the ground in a massive explosion, sending up a geyser of debris.

 Sincline opened a rift and vanished while Qrow's scythe slammed into the ground in a massive explosion, sending up a geyser of debris

Upon seeing this, Ruby froze, and she could have sworn her heart almost stopped. Everyone fell silent as the smoke cleared away, revealing Sincline... nowhere to be found. Smiling, Ruby sighed in relief... only for her eyes to widen as she realized what was about to happen. I hope Uncle Qrow isn't going to be mad since I didn't tell him about what Sincline could do.

"This is gonna be wicked," Mercury said with a grin, leaning forward in his seat as everyone else did the same.

Qrow's eyes narrowed. Did the kid go invisible or— he was cut off as something slammed into him from behind, throwing him into a pillar and dropping his Aura to 65. Qrow coughed, wincing as he felt his Aura heal the fractures in his ribs caused by the blow. Even Tai didn't hit that hard. Pushing himself up on his sword as it changed back, he shook his head and blinked as Sincline stood before him, swords held to either side as a swirling aura of blue, purple, and white energy shimmered around him. "Huh... well that's new." He hefted his weapon. "Guess you've got some tricks up your sleeves," he commented, glancing toward the Aura board... and his eyes widened upon seeing a single symbol displayed on Sincline's half: the infinity symbol.