Chapter 47: Worthy

Start from the beginning

Should have seen that coming, Qrow thought, coughing as he got to his feet. Raising his sword, he deflected an attack from Sincline and swung, unleashing an Aura Arc that slammed into Sincline's chest, throwing him back and depleting his Aura to 97. He unleashed another Aura Arc at Sincline, who ducked the attack. Drawing an arm back, Sincline chucked a scimitar at Qrow.

Whipping his blade up, Qrow deflected the scimitar into the air, and Sincline flipped toward him

Whipping his blade up, Qrow deflected the scimitar into the air, and Sincline flipped toward him. Catching the sword by the hilt, Sincline twisted and brought it down to clash against Qrow's. As sparks flew, Sincline yanked his blade back and spun, lashing out with a foot. Qrow blocked with the flat of his weapon, and Sincline kicked off, raising a scimitar to deflect a follow-up swing from the professional Huntsman. His thrusters flared, and a shockwave tore through the air as Sincline vanished in a blur of speed.

What the—this was getting absurd. Hefting his weapon, Qrow scanned his surroundings, eyes narrowing. His instincts lit up, and he whirled, blocking a scimitar as Sincline swung at his shoulder, a shower of sparks exploding as their weapons connected once more.

In the Stands Above

"I don't believe it," Blake murmured, watching the fight in awe as Sincline and Qrow battled, their weapons invisible blurs as they danced across the arena floor, sparks flying. "Qrow is arguably one of the strongest Huntsmen in the world, yet... Sincline's keeping up with him." Then again, Sincline was a living superweapon built by a futuristic intergalactic space empire....

"Wait, remember what Sincline told us?" Ren asked, recalling the Trans-reality mech's words from his first semester. "About sharing skills with Lotor?"

"That guy was alive for about 10,000 years," Mercury agreed, catching on as he crossed his arms, watching the fight with an eyebrow raised. "Meaning, Sincline's got about 10,000 years of skill."

"No way Uncle Qrow's gonna lose," Yang objected. "He's never been beaten."

"Maybe, but I'm willing to bet he's never fought someone like Sincline before," Pyrrha pointed out, Ruby nodding in agreement. As much as the young Rose loved her uncle, he was out of his league when it came to raw power if Sincline chose to use it.

Back in the Arena

Jumping back after another furious exchange, Sincline shot up, dodging a swing from Qrow. Guess watching his fight with Winter helped, Sincline thought, swerving under a shotgun round. While others might not have noticed, Qrow seemed to reuse some of the same moves in different angles, creating a seemingly random style of fighting.

"You've got some pretty good skills, kid," Qrow commented, the two disengaging once more. He gave his sword a flourish as he and Sincline began circling each other again.

"I could say the same," Sincline replied, his swords held at either side. "I underestimated you."

"I could say the same," Qrow copied and hefted his sword. Clicking a switch, he brandished the weapon and its blade split into multiple sections, folding backward as its hilt telescoped, a trigger forming in the middle.