Chapter 3: The Pact

The night had become a waking nightmare. The encounter with Bloody Mary had left Sabine trembling, and the friends were now clustered in the dimly lit bathroom, their faces pale with fear.

"What the hell was that?" Odelia whispered, her voice trembling.

Emmett struggled to find words. "I can't explain it, but it felt...real. Like we weren't alone in here."

Jason tried to keep his composure. "Look, maybe it was just a trick of the candlelight, a reflection playing tricks on us."

But the unease in the room was palpable, and no one was convinced by Jason's rationalization. They decided to leave the bathroom, their steps heavy with dread.

As they returned to the living room, the atmosphere in the cabin seemed to have grown even more sinister. The shadows danced menacingly, and whispers echoed through the walls, just beyond their understanding.

Zander finally broke the tension. "I think we need to leave. This place is fucked up, and I don't want to stick around to find out what else is here."

Emmett agreed. "He's right. We can't stay here. We'll pack our things and find a motel or something."

But when they went to retrieve their bags from the bedrooms, they made a chilling discovery. The doors had all been locked from the outside, trapping them in their respective rooms.

Panic set in as they frantically tried to force the doors open, but it was as if an unseen force held them shut. Odelia pounded on the door, her voice filled with desperation. "Let us out! This isn't funny anymore!"

But their pleas fell on deaf ears, and the doors remained resolutely locked. It was as if the cabin itself had turned against them.

Hours passed as they tried to come to terms with their situation. Their cell phones had no signal, and their only connection to the outside world had been severed. They were truly alone, trapped in a cabin that seemed to harbor malevolent forces.

Sabine, ever the researcher, decided to delve deeper into the strange artifacts they had found earlier. She returned to the basement, her candle casting eerie shadows on the walls as she examined the occult books and symbols.

"What do you think all of this means?" Sabine wondered aloud, her voice trembling.

Emmett joined her, scanning the pages of one of the books. "It's like some kind of ritualistic worship. But of what? And why would someone bring all this here?"

The books revealed unsettling details about the Delirium Cabin's dark history. They learned that it had once been the site of a cult that worshipped a malevolent entity known as "The Devourer of Souls." The cult of the Devourer believed that performing dark rituals in the cabin would grant them power, but it ultimately led to their downfall.

As they read, they could hear faint, echoing whispers in the background. It was as if the spirits of the cult members were trying to communicate with them from beyond the grave.

The friends gathered in the basement, their fear replaced by a grim determination to unravel the mysteries of the cabin. They discovered a hidden door behind a bookshelf, and as they pushed it open, they were greeted by a chamber filled with more disturbing relics.

An ornate dagger adorned with dark gemstones, an ancient grimoire filled with incantations, and relics that seemed to pulse with pernicious energy.

Sabine's eyes widened. "This is it. These artifacts are the key to whatever haunts this place."

Jason was skeptical. "Are you sure we should mess with this stuff? It's like we're playing with fire."

But Sabine had a desperate gleam in her eyes. "We need answers. Maybe we can find a way to break whatever is binding us here."