Chapter 31 : Liar

Start from the beginning

She turned around and noticed me before flashing me a big smile and pulling me in toba hug , "someone is happy" I said as I laughed "why wouldn't I be?! My boyfriend is FINALLY awake AND I'm about to ace my test tomorrow, everything is going so well!" She joyously yelled and I couldn't help but smile , she looked so genuinely happy and I loved seeing her in this state, I wish I was as happy as her right now. "Oh and the guys invited us over for dinner tonight, it's almost 5 so I think we can make our way to their apartment now" She said , placing her laptop on the coffee table before picking up her phone , "shall we?" She asked , "sure" I replied as we made our way to the door.

Deep down I really didn't want to go the guys place because I knew that he would be there and he's currently the last person I want to see today , but Liam just woke up , it's something to celebrate and I can't let what happened earlier affect this .

"Let the party begin!" Amitola exclaimed the moment we walked in and a bad time that was as we only found Nate in the living room....... shirtles, with nothing but his cross necklace, and my goodness ......what a sight. His jaw fell before Amy dramatically covered her eyes and made her way to the couch to pick up a pillow to throw at Nate , "oh my goodness Nate , where is your shirt! Don't you know my Boyfriend just woke up! Are you trying to seduce us?! I am NOT YERI!" , "What?!" I asked in shock at her remark , "I didn't know you guys were coming over" he explained before going into his room .

Amy heard the door shut and removed her hands from her eyes , "can you believe him!? Yeri , get your man under control!" She said , I let out a small laugh at how overly dramatic she was , it was pretty clear that he didn't know we were coming, plus we didn't knock so he didn't have time to put a shirt on. I won't lie though, part of me is glad we walked in on him . He looked great, he had a much more muscular and bulkier physique than I expected, from his chest, his back and my goodness .......his abdomen , he could make any girl fall for him with that body. One could say his cloths did a great job at concealing his build.

It just sucks he's a liar.

Remembering what had happened I snapped out of my thoughts and made my way to the couch.

"What smells so good?" Amy asked as she walked towards the kitchen area , "woah....that does smell amazing!" I exclaimed "that my friends is my extraordinary cooking" Konane said walking out if the pantry wearing his iconic "kiss the Cook" apron . "Anyways, what happened to knocking?" Konane asked , now taking the chicken out of the oven , I lightly sniffed , taking in the delicious aroma, "this is basically our home now , why knock at your own house?" Amy responded as I laughed. The door opened and Jeremiah and Lara walked in , holding hands as always "hey!" Lara greeted , "hi!" Konane , Amy and I simultaneously said , it was now Nate's door that opened , "finally Decided to put your shirt on huh?" Amy said to the now fully dressed Nate . he shot her a look before Amy bursted out laughing. His eyes met with mine but before he could do or say anything, I looked away. I could hear him let out a disappointed sigh but I decided to ignore it. I wasn't going to let what happened ruin my night.

The table was set and Konane brought out a bottle of wine and a can of soda. The Soda being for Nate who didn't take any sort of alcohol. "Okay so..... who's gonna give thanks?" I asked as Amy volunteered , which made me happy, I had been reading my Bible with her more these days and she seemed really interested in it. That reminds me , when was the last time I had Bible study with Nate?

Nope. I'm not going to think about him.

The night went smoothly with laughs and chatter filling the apartment. We talked about the tests , the great food and most importantly, Liam , who we were all excited to talk to again, especially Nate who said he already cleaned up Liam's side of the room for when he'll be discharged. He seemed so happy and you could tell from how enthusiastic he spoke and how bright his smile was. I might not have the best feelings towards him right now , but I was truly happy for him .

"I can't wait to meet this Liam guy! He seems like such a great person" Lara said "oh trust me he is!" Konane replied, "but I need to ask , how exactly did he end up in a coma?" Asked Lara before silence fell. It seemed all of us finally remembered just why he was in a coma . We all remembered what had happened. What he had said.

"Lets just say , it was all unexpected" Nate said with a now low expression , Lara looked around and noticed the sudden mood change , "I'm so sorry, I didn't know it was something so personal" she apologized, "no it's okay, it's nothing you should worry about" Jeremiah said placing a kiss on Lara's cheek , "well now that we're done eating, why don't we have a little game night before we call it a day" Konane recommended as everyone agreed.

Konane and Jeremiah begun to set up the living room for game night as Lara and Amitola chatted along , loudly laughing every now and then . I decided to help out Konane with the dishes and Nate was in his room. Nate's door suddenly opened and he walked over to the kitchen, pausing when he saw me. His hair was slightly damp so I assumed he just had a shower . He walked towards me before opening the upper carboard above the sink and grabbing a cup. He filled it with water before heading back into his room . It was awkward. The way he moved , I could tell he was nervous, I paid attention to all his movements and they were rather stiff.
"It's okay Yeri , he's probably realised that lying to someone is wrong and is now avoiding you" I said to myself as reassurance, reassurance that I knew he was in the wrong and was feeling guilty, something I hope he's feeling.

"Okay , so, who's up for a game of just dance!" Jeremiah shouted, "Just dance? I thought we were playing board games?" I asked , "that's for after, I got the new multiplayer extension, a max player count of 8 people! We just have to try it out!" He cheerfully said , "I'm down , but just know , I took dance classes when I was 5 so I'm pretty much a pro" Amy said , "didn't you say you took those classes for like a month before you dropped them?" Konane inquired before being shushed by an annoyed Amitola.

"Hey Yeri , can you call Nate?" Jeremiah asked , "um..........." I said before everyone's eyes turned to me , "sure" I replied .

I walked over to the door and just when I was about to knock , it swung open, but it was too late as my hand moved and hit Nate's nose , right on the bridge inbetween his eyes , he loudly groaned in pain , "I'm so sorry Nate!" I apologized , Amy rushed over and looked at Nate's nose , "get him an ice pack before it swells" she said as I went over to the fridge and pulled out an ice pack , "woah , just how much strength do you use when knocking Yeri?" Jeremiah asked , the question caused Lara to slap his arm .

"You good?" Konane asked , "I'm okay" Nate responded , Amitola pressed the ice pack over Nate's nose causing him to wince in pain . "I don't think I can participate in game night , I'll head to bed early" Nate said excusing himself and getting one last glance at me.

Part of me felt bad , mainly because he now had to go to bed with a hurt nose that won't probably get better until tommorow morning............... part of my felt relived though,  relieved he won't be around to make me feel awkward .........and a small part of me felt like he deserved it. Deserved it for lying to me and threatening someone.

"Okay , games loaded up!" Jeremiah said , "I feel bad that Nate can't join us" Lara spoke , picking up a pair of the tracking bracelets , "don't worry he was probably going to go to bed early to study anyways" Konane reassuraed as the game now begun.

I picked up a pair of tracking bracelets and looked at the door written "Nate & Liam"  , why? To be honest.........

It was just an impulse.