10. My Girl.

Kylie wakes up in her own bed, in the other bedroom of Sam's apartment, having a slight headache. She was maybe drunk, but she remembers everything. Everything. So vividly. So clearly. But she didn't know know if Sam did as well. After all, the skater could handle her drinks, but she didn't know if Sam was a lightweight.

She gets ready for training, heading out of her room, only to almost bump into Sam. "Oh sorry."

"Nah, you're all good. Morning." Sam smiles at her, a smile that looks so extremely normal.

Kylie needed to know- she had to know. Was Sam pretending last night didn't happen? Did she not care? Does she even remember what happened last night? "Hey, do you remember what happened last night?"

"Yeah, you sobbed your eyes out when Lexa died." The footballer laughed.

"Yeah, don't remind me, I might start crying again." Kylie scoffed. "And that was only after you screamed for your life after watching the Nun."

"Alright, you win, you win." Sam raised both her arms up, smirking at Kylie. "You heading to training?"

The skater nods. "Yeah, I have a comp tonight."

"Alright, good luck! I have training at Chelsea as well, so I guess I'll see you tonight?" Once again, Kylie nods. It was clear to Kylie that Sam didn't remember the events of the night before. That Sam didn't remember the kiss. And, that kind of hurt.

***

"I can't believe that she just forgot! After leaving me so stunned like that, I mean she can't just kiss me and then forget!" The skater complains as she leaps into a triple axel, double salchow.

"Good form! Push through the landing though." Eliza yells out. "And you know it's not her fault."

Kylie pulls into a spin after a butterfly jump, "I know, but I'm like pissed off at her. Is that bad?"

"You're allowed to be annoyed, but don't pin it on her. It's not bad, it's normal. And it's actually kind of good for your skating. You're skating with you're emotions." Eliza chuckles. "Now come on, let's get you ready for the competition tonight."

Tonight was the qualifying competition TES scores for the short program, and winning tonight would let Kylie qualify for the British Figure Skating Championships. Her hair was pinned back in her usual tight competition bun, and her makeup was simple and natural with a more flushed look.

Kylie's costume was this gorgeous peachy orange colour, autumn brown sequence lining the top of the torso and gemstones lining the edge of the dress. She stepped onto the ice, skating around, warming up with the other girls she would be competing against for the place in the UK's national championships.

It was the first time she had felt so nervous. She was in a new country, new continent, new competition with a new coach. But Kylie Sato was an amazing skater, and she wanted to prove it to Britain.

So as the music to 'We Fell in Love in October' by Girl in Red began playing in the background, Kylie skated with all her emotions and motivations. She pulled off all the jumps and leaps and spins and turns, all the moves she had practiced earlier that day. 'We fell in love in october, that's why, I love fall.', the lyrics were heard.

And as she leaped into a beautiful quad axel, as she remembered the kiss she shared with Sam last night. I wish she remembered. She pulled into a super fast spin to end her program. 'You will be my girl, my girl, my girl, my girl', the music sung. I wish we could kiss again. One day, they could be together, and perfect.

The crowd cheers. They might have never properly cared for Kylie, as an Australian skater, but no one could deny; she was truly an amazing skater. Eliza immediately pulled the girl in her arms, "Oh my goodness, you were beautiful out there, perfect. I'm so proud of you."

Kylie was a bit stunned. Helena never did this. She only ever told her she could have done better. So this was nice. She wrapped her arms around Eliza as well, savouring this feeling, the feeling of having someone be so proud of you. Eliza was truly like a mother, well, she was a mother.

***

She qualified for Nationals, in fact, she won first place. It was lovely, and Kylie couldn't wait to tell Sam that night. "Alright, I'll see you tomorrow in training then, bye Eliza!" She heard a 'bye hun, good work today, so wonderful!' in the distance.

It was dark, but in a sense, it was so peaceful. Kylie had everything she wanted, needed. And she felt the most content she had ever felt in a while. Well, there was something, someone missing. But for now, it was good enough for her.

"There's my girl." There stood Sam, outside the skating rink, holding a bouquet of pink tulips.

"Sammy? What are you doing here-" Sam cut off the skater with a kiss, a longer one this time. It was sort of timid, like she expected her to push her away. And when Kylie didn't push her away, she slowly deepened the kiss.

Eventually they parted. "I like to think we fell in love in August." Sam whispered.

"You were at my competition?" Kylie smiled, a kind of happiness bubbling in her stomach.

"Of course, I would never miss seeing you skate. You were so beautiful." Sam gives Kylie the tulips. "You didn't seriously think I forgot the kiss last night."

Kylie laughs, "Well, you didn't exactly show that you remembered. I thought you were a lightweight."

"I'm never a lightweight." Sam laughs, kissing the skater again.

"So, what does this mean for us?" Kylie asks, unsure. "I've never been in a relationship before."

"We mean whatever you want us to mean. We can take it slow if you-"

"Girlfriends then." Kylie states, pulling Sam into another kiss.

Sam smiles against her lips. "Yeah. You're my girl."