LXXIV - An Order Of Silence

Start from the beginning

"Yes Eren! Now form your weird crystal like shields!" She screamed, Historia looking up at her with worry and Levi looking at her in distaste. 

The titan looked over his shoulder at the glass eyed brunette before returning his gaze down at his form before his entire figure started shaking violently, his face distorting into one of determination. I eye him with amusement, allowing myself to let out a small giggle. 

"Hey Trouble." I yell, his form stilling before he laid his eyes on me. "She said form the crystal, not shit it out." I say making a few of the others let out a laugh too. He only blew out of his nose, a breeze blowing over the ground and tousling through our hair. Eren tilted his head, a sign of confusion as he didn't actually know how to start with the experiment. He turned to face Hange, who had her chin in her hand as she thought about ideas on how we could make some progress. 

"Y/N, darling, severe his hand!" She calls out to me. I thought about it a little, not too worried as it wouldn't actually harm his human body. Gripping a hilt, I pull a trigger, shooting an anchor into Eren's shoulder before it pulled me with it. Before even he could register Hange's request, I drew a blade and delivered a quick, clean cut straight through the titans arm and turning to watch as it slipped to the ground. Twisting around midair, I face the clearing as I land gracefully a couple feet behind the raven captain, detaching the blade back in its designated slot and putting the hilt back onto my harness. 

Nothing happened to the arm, only the excessive amount of steam that seemed to leave the wound and the severed arm simultaneously. Eren only watched his arm curiously, as did the rest of the squad, myself only stepping forward to stand beside Levi who observed with folded arms. 

"See if you can grow it back in a hardened state." Hange says from behind her fingers, shifting her weight from one leg to the other. 

This continued for an hour, all while Eren remained in the same titan form. Each time a part of Eren was wounded or amputated, the ebony haired girl riding around the brunette boy was growing more and more aggravated by Hange's lack of consideration for him and his body, regardless of whether it was his titan form or not. It eventually lead to Eren communicating with the squad through writing in the dirt, informing us of what his thought process was. 

Throughout it all, Historia lingered behind the scenes, her goals unknown as she hung around the tree line without a worry for whatever was happening in the clearing as of now. Levi, however, stood as still as a statue as he watched the events unfold before him, arms folded firmly against his chest, the sleeves of his green cloak-like long sleeve jumper rolled up to just below his elbows. Weight shifted onto one of his legs, I wondered how he wasn't itching to move around, even if it were just a little.

It had gotten to the point where Eren's titan form stopped regenerating all together, looking more and more tired the longer Hange spewed ideas and orders to he and the squad alike. Sighing I step forward, seating myself on the ledge overhanging the open area and resting my chin in the palm of my hand. 

"Hange, I think he needs a break. He's looking rather exhausted." I suggest. I only hear her hum in acknowledgment, pondering in the idea that maybe he did need a break, even if it were only a few minutes. I soon hear Levi click his tongue before I hear his footsteps walking toward the ledge. He came into my peripheral, but I didn't bother looking up at him as he stepped over the ledge and pulled a trigger, an anchor propelling forward and soon dragging him with it. He only landed a dozen metres away from the titans feet before yelling up at him about taking a short interval so he could gain back a little of his energy.