[Rivalry]

Topic: Anglo-German Dreadnoughts Arms Race
Characters: Royal Navy, Britain, German Empire, Kaiserliche Marine
Note: Huge thanks to Sabaton (Dreadnought and Bismarck) for the surge of motivation >:D

Enjoy

-------------------------------

Royal Navy was not the type of person that likes to be outpowered. He can tolerate equals, or slightly greater than his fleets. But he does not appreciate rivals that sought to beat him in terms of naval power.

He didn't see any potential rivals at first, since no countries is able or willing to rival him. However, there is a small, coastal defense, called Kaiserliche Marine that aimed to reshape his fleet into a navy capable of ensuring the German Empire was recognized by both Britain and the Royal Navy as an equal.

.

The Royal Navy paced back and forth, unsettled by the news of the expanding German fleets. The emergence of the Kaiserliche Marine posed a challenge, one that left the Royal Navy uncomfortable and uneasy.

Taking a seat, the Royal Navy sighed deeply, attempting to regain composure. How could Germany, a relatively new country, pose a serious challenge? Could the Kaiserliche Marine truly outmatch the seasoned Royal Navy?

...could they?

During the Boer War, a turning point arose when the Royal Navy's battleships intercepted two German steamers, accusing them of smuggling weapons for the Boers. The incident left the Kaiserliche Marine furious, prompting them to accelerate the construction of more battleships.

Thus, a rivalry ignited.

1906.

The HMS Dreadnought was launched, and the Kaiserliche Marine crumpled the newspaper that carried news of this technological advancement. Frustration surged within him, evident as he tossed the newspaper into the trash and slumped back in his chair.

"He's making all our ships obsolete," he muttered, his eyes aflame with anger. "If this is how he wants to play, then so be it!"

In the beginning of 1905, Kaiserliche Marine had been informed that the British were planning a new class of battleship. But the construction concluded too quickly. Fortunately for the German, he already presented a naval building plan that will later be called the Second Naval Act to build two dreadnoughts and one armored cruiser per year.

Back to the present, Kaiserliche Marine met with his Emperor; the German Empire. "I believe that Britain is working with France and Russia to encircle us. That's utterly ridiculous! We didn't even do anything."

Kaiserliche Marine sighed, taking off his cap and then playing with it. "I don't know Kaiser. I'm afraid of a 'Kopenhagen'. What if the Royal Navy strikes? And completely disable our fleet, just like what Royal Navy did to Denmark in 1807?"

"I mean," The German Empire tried to reason, but was out of words. Then, they fell into an uncomfortable silence as they contemplated their future.

1908.

Kaiserliche Marine got his fourth naval bill. He stood beside The German Empire, overlooking some ship constructions. Kaiserliche Marine smiled and turned to his leader and excitedly said, "This bill helps significantly, Kaiser. This increased the rate of new battleships from three to four per year for the next four years! If this is implemented, we would have twenty-one dreadnoughts by 1914!"

The German Empire however, was not as excited as the naval personification is. "Marine, what if Britain feels threatened by our buildup?" He asked, doubt lingering in his eyes.