[Valkyrie]

Topic: 20th July Plot/Operation Valkyrie
Characters: Heer, Wehrmacht, Reich, Schutzstaffel, Free State of Prussia, Kriegsmarine.
Warning: Assasination,

-------------------------------

| 1944 |

Heer sat at his dimly lit study, writing in his journal, his heart heavy with sorrow. He was beginning to question the meaning of this war, and whether or not he was on the right path.

“As I let my mind ponder about this current war, I couldn't help but question; how many more lives must we sacrifice under the name of duty? Is Reich truly leading us to the right path, to the greater good? Or did he successfully blind us with the promise of a better future, molding us into mere pawns in his grand game?

I swore an oath, on oath to serve the Reich until the day where I drew my last breath, I swore that I would serve the Reich at any cost. But my heart is plagued with guilt and remorse as I witness more and more deaths and suffering caused by this war. How can I serve a belief that befalls suffering upon the innocents? This is not the sacred Germany that I thought I served for.

Perhaps it is time for a change. For sacred Germany.

— Heer.”

-------

Heer walked into the restroom and raised an eyebrow as he saw Wehrmacht standing in front of one of the sinks. There were dark circles under his eyes and his hair appeared disheveled. Wehrmacht had been working nonstop ever since 6th of June. He barely got any sleep. But his General uniform remained crisp, as always.

Heer watched Wehrmacht splashing cold water onto his face, his officer cap lay discarded on the side of the sink. It seems Wehrmacht didn't notice that someone was there.

"Wehrmacht." Heer called out, leaning against the wall and crossed his arms. Wehrmacht looked a bit startled but he quickly composed himself, concealing any hint of emotion with a mask of stoicism. He glanced at Heer, his striking blue eyes met Heer's.

"Heer, what brings you here?" The taller personification asked as he put his cap back on with practiced precision. Heer pushed himself from the wall and walked towards Wehrmacht, meeting Wehrmacht's gaze with a serious look. "We need to talk."

Wehrmacht raised an eyebrow, then he looked at the surroundings, before finally glancing back at Heer. "Talk? Like, right here? Right now?" He asked incredulously, his tone screaming, we're in a restroom for God's sake. Heer scoffed. "Ja, right here right now."

Heer turned towards a mirror and walked towards it. Wehrmacht followed suit, unsure where this conversation was going. Heer turned on the tap water and began to splash the water to his face. He took a deep breath, turned off the tap and looked at Wehrmacht from the mirror.

"It's about Reich." Heer said, almost whispering. Wehrmacht narrowed his eyes. "You mean The Führer?" He corrected, suspicion evident in his voice. Heer only rolled his eyes. "Führer, Reich, same thing."

"No it is not. We must address him with the utmost respect."

A victim of blind obedience. How naive of Wehrmacht to not realize the horrors done under the name of duty. And to think he represents the unified forces. Convincing him would be a task harder than invading Russia in the winter.

"Can we get to the point now?" Heer shot him a glare, still from the mirror. Wehrmacht nodded and signaled for Heer to continue. "It will be great if you end this madness, don't you agree Wehrmacht?" He said engimatically, his lips curling upwards into a small smile.