7

Loud noises surrounded me, gunshots were being fired as I hid behind the couch

Loud noises surrounded me, gunshots were being fired as I hid behind the couch. In my sight, only mixtures of red and orange, dark figures around me with guns. Smoke engulfing my entire body, making breathing quite difficult. My chest hurt as the carbon dioxide around was infiltrating my lungs.

I was confused, scared and sad. I cowered as random people walked around my house. What was happening? Why was this happening to us?

"Take Alexis and run! I'll meet you later, I promise!" Yelled my mother to our bodyguards and father. I felt hands around me pulling me away. "No wait, wait for her! Bring her I can't lose her!" I yelled to the bodyguard. He ignored me and threw me over his shoulder as he ran.

He and my father ran through the house, shooting everyone in our way. I kicked the guard and squirmed around, trying to return back to my mother.

It happened in an instant. Everything felt as if it was in slow motion. A man, tall with dark hair and green eyes, a smile crept on his face, with a golden tooth I knew so well. The man who took care of me for most of my life, who looked after me and 'cared' for me. Not my father, but my brother.

The loud gunshot making me flinch and look down at the floor.

No, this can't be happening. I closed my eyes as hard as possible, hoping this was all some horrible nightmare. Why would he do this?

I looked up, my eyes widened as mothers body dropped onto the ground. A dark circle right between her eyes as the light left them.

I just watched, not blinking or even trying to fight the guard holding me anymore, just waiting. Waiting for my mother to get up and say she was okay. That she was going to be able to see me grow up and see all my accomplishments.

Tears poured from my eyes as her lifeless body didn't move an inch. Her lifeless eyes staring back at me as crimson blood covered her clothes and the floor beneath her.

George looked at me the smile falling off his face in an instant. No regret in his eyes, his face was blank as he lifted his gun again, this time attempting to shoot me. Me? To shoot me? Why?

He put his finger on the trigger, I closed my eyes again hard awaiting the bang of the gun.

My breathing heavy, vision blurry with tears and smoke. Everything I loved was ruined in one day, everything I cared for, it's gone. I still have my father, but he was never really aware of me. Now I was just waiting my end. Maybe I could see my mother again.

But there was only silence. No sound, no bullet, no flash, nothing. The only thing I heard was the closing of a door and the raging flames that were burning the house I grew up in.

I woke up gasping for air, feeling as if I was reliving that night once more. My eyes on the verge of tears but I stopped them.

I can't cry, I shouldn't. It's a sign of weakness, a weakness I can't have. I took a moment to calm down and hide my feelings again. Taking deep breaths as I willed myself to forget of the flashbacks, to forget of that night.